Infrastructure Engineering/ Assessor & Research
- Role type
We are looking for an experienced Railway Engineer to support our growing team in the UK.
You will be expected to fulfil a range of formal and informal roles within the team, including:
- Project Management: you will be responsible for a rolling portfolio of projects with a value of approximately £1.5m. This requires a strong focus on both financial management and quality of technical delivery.
- Company Ambassador: you will be expected to build and maintain a network of colleagues, collaborators and clients. This role also involves presenting at industry events (such as RSSB and RIA seminars), attendance at local and national events (e.g. IMechE, PWI, ICE etc).
- Sales Management: you will support business development activities and write proposals for a portfolio of technical projects. In doing so, you will identify risks, devise methodologies, develop delivery plans, specify clear acceptance criteria, and generate resource budgets.
- Technical Specialist: you will be a specialist with significant experience in one or more of the following domains: Track/Permanent Way/Switches and Crossings, Vehicle-Track Interaction, Adhesion, Civil Engineering, Industry Research and Testing.
- Independent Assessor: coached by local experts you will use your technical competence to support independent assurance activities (verifying compliance with standards) and safety related work (hazard identification and minimising hazards through design/operation). It is desirable, but not essential, that you have experience of demonstrating or assessing compliance to the Infrastructure TSI or similar national or international standards.
- Projects delivered recently delivered include:
- Quantifying the performance of distributed and variable rate sanders;
- Investigating the phenomena of ice on overhead contact systems including testing during an in-service trial on Network Rail infrastructure;
- Review of requirements for the platform recess.
- Developing a test specification and witnessing load testing of a novel type of light rail system;
- Demonstrating the effectiveness of variable rate sanders in artificial low adhesion conditions on the main line railway; and
- Testing products at Ricardo’s state-of-the-art laboratory facilities in Shoreham.
What you will receive in return is:
- A competitive salary
- Support with Chartership
- Technical mentor to help support your career with Ricardo
- 25 days holiday plus usual bank holidays,
- Buy and sell 5 days holiday,
- Company Pension
- Life Cover
- Permanent Disability Insurance
- Access to employee discount programme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Access to private GP services
- Udemy Learning
- Ability to purchase flexible benefits such as dental insurance, private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme, medical cash plan, computer lease scheme, lease car etc.
This is an exciting and varied role, you will play a crucial part in the growth of our UK business. If you have the required skills and experience to carry out this role we would love to hear from you.