- Role type
Van Buren, MI
Automotive and Industrial is one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units and is a trusted global engineering services partner for clean and efficient integrated propulsion and energy systems. Our experience and history over more than 100 years at the forefront of mobility innovation enables us to deliver solutions to the most complex challenges, allowing our customers across all global transport sectors to achieve a sustainable zero-carbon future.
Strategic Consulting (SC) is a boutique consulting firm focused on automotive and transportation strategy, that combines over a century of technical experience with business strategy expertise to deliver value for our clients. At SC, we deliver tangible results to our clients, so we recruit people who will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Our entrepreneurial working style and the size of our firm allow our BAs to become an integral part of the team immediately and to have an impact early on in their careers at SC.
The Business Analyst will focus on the analysis of issues and challenges faced by today’s businesses, contributing to the design and development of innovative strategies as well as delivering market and product knowledge for our clients. Typical assignments include competitive intelligence gathering, voice of the customer / market activities, aptitude for analyzing large databases of information, conducting financial and market analysis, developing client presentations and supporting clients with implementing the resulting recommendations.
Support clients (internal / external team) on a wide variety of topics, including but not limited to:
- Operations strategy: design and commercial cost reduction, sourcing strategy development and execution, manufacturing process assessment
- New product development, market entry research and strategy development
- Assessing market drivers and customer needs as part of product strategy development
- Competitive benchmarking of products and technologies: cost estimation, performance benchmarking, life cycle cost analysis, overall business model review
- Technology assessment, road mapping and adoption scenario modeling / forecasting
- Due diligence engagements for leading early stage venture funds, private equity clients to help assess investments in the energy and transportation sectors
- Designing and creatively executing qualitative and quantitative primary and secondary research through available and new unique information sources
- Creating quantitative data models from large data sets to analyze, discover insights and develop custom-made strategies for clients
- Communicating findings and insights to the internal team and to the client verbally and through presentations / reports
- Working with experienced consultants on a variety of projects
- Supporting senior leadership team in business development activities, as required
- Engaging in overall SC marketing activities by being active in authoring white papers, industry publications and presenting at market specific conferences
- Master’s degree in engineering or business-related function from a top-tier institution
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in automotive or related industries
- In lieu of Master’s degree, substantial relevant industrial / technical / business related experience may be considered as applicable to the role
- Possess relevant professional work experience in product planning, product development, purchasing / procurement in one or more of the following industries:
o Electric Vehicles / Hybrids / Autonomous Vehicles / Mobility / Shared services and associated technologies
o Automotive – passenger car, motorcycle, 2-wheelers, luxury vehicles, high performance vehicles, etc.
o Medium / heavy duty vehicles, off highway equipment, recreational vehicles
o Large engines, power generation, marine, etc.
o Natural gas and oilfield equipment
o Clean energy, including work in alternative sources like Hydrogen, solar, wind, etc.
- Ability to work with limited resources and limited guidance to draw informed conclusions
- Exhibit strong analytical and data modelling skills and experience conducting in-depth data analysis
- Demonstrate proven drive and initiative with excellent organization and time-management skills, able to structure own tasks and work independently
- Be able to communicate complex ideas clearly, with excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Be proficient at MS Word, Access, Excel, VBA, PowerPoint, and working with databases
- Basic statistical modeling and regression analysis
- Be willing to be globally staffed on short notice and stretch work-life balance, as required
- Previous work experience in consulting role would be a plus
- Experience involving big data analysis and / or computer programming would be an asset
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalized approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, height, weight, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, arrest record (MI only), parental status (IL only), military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Our core benefits include paid vacation time off, emergency/sick time, plus 14 holidays, Medical/Dental/Vision plus 401k. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application, if qualified, a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.