Software Systems Engineering Manager
- Role type
Ricardo Defense has an excellent career opportunity for an experienced Software Systems Engineering Manager to add to our growing software team.
This Software Systems Engineering Manager will initially provide support for one of our Department of Defense customers systems. In addition, this Software Systems Engineering manager position will lead our Software Engineering and Architecture functional team, that executes software systems engineering, solution architecture, scalability, and modularity across our software development and sustainment programs.
This Software Systems Engineering Manager is a hybrid position which allows work from home as well as in office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Software Systems Engineering:
- Leverage and Model Base Software and Systems Engineering (MBSSE) in support of software and systems design, development and/or sustainment
- Perform requirements analysis, decomposition, use-case modeling, activity diagrams, etc.
- Decompose system-level requirements into detailed software-level systems requirements
- Support Project Managers in program milestone, requirements, functions, and designs reviews
- Prepare and present technology trade studies, problem, and change analysis reports
- Establish and review network, database and computing architectures for systems integration
- Support software architects in defining system function, design and interface requirements
- Support software development teams in UML system design artifacts
- Develop and perform demonstrations of computing and software systems as required
- Understanding of system modeling systems Sparx Enterprise Architect, MagicDraw, etc.
- Support Project Managers (PM) with filling resource gaps in current and/or upcoming projects. This includes identifying skill sets required to execute project objectives, negotiating allocations of staff resources with PMs, and processing staffing requests to complete the allocation process
- Provide functional guidance and mentorship to the direct reports within the Software staff assigned as direct reports
- Maintain communications with Project Managers and employees on the quality of support being provided on their projects
- Work with employees to align career growth opportunities with their career aspirations
- Assist in recruiting efforts by developing position descriptions, reviewing resumes, participating in interviews, and generating offers
- Review and approve timecards for employees and assist in the resolution of any timecard issue
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an applicable field of study
- Minimum of ten years of leading technical projects in which a technical staff was managed (US DoD experience preferred)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC) as well as a Unites States Government Security Clearance
- Strong people management, communication, and presentation skills
- Comfortable interfacing with Government representatives and other Customers, Suppliers, Corporate Management and all company staff
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense Inc, is the business entity within Ricardo plc that works on classified safety and defense contracts for the US DoD and it therefore operates as a separate entity governed by a Special Security Agreement (SSA). Ricardo Defense Inc provides solutions to meet the challenges faced by defense customers in the integration of complex and diverse systems specializing in taking innovative technologies from science to real-world deployment. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense Inc, is a proud recipient of the 2022 Hire Vets Gold Medallion Award.
Ricardo Defense Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.