Integrated Master Schedule Manager
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) Manager to lead and maintain a program-wide IMS for a large-scale Department of Defense (DoD) contract within the U.S. Army Ground Vehicle research and development (R&D) center in Warren, MI.
The IMS Manager will coordinate closely with the contract Program Manager to ensure that schedules for a portfolio of projects are properly integrated into a program-wide IMS. The IMS Manager will also lead a team of IMS Schedulers to provide guidance, support, and mentorship in developing and maintaining schedules for each project within the portfolio. Finally, the IMS Manager will interface directly with the customer to discuss the development, maintenance, and management of schedules at both the project and portfolio levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of IMS Schedulers responsible for developing, managing, and maintaining individual project integrated master schedules
- Integrate project IMS schedules into a program-wide IMS that is managed throughout the life of the contract
- Gather necessary schedule information through effective communication with internal and external project stakeholders to facilitate IMS updates
- Conduct program-wide IMS analyses, to include Critical Path analyses, Schedule Heath Metrics, Earned Value Management System (EVMS) analyses, and others to report out schedule status, risks, and opportunities
- Advise the Program Manager and key stakeholders on schedule performance, forecasts and risks
- Provide guidance, direction, and mentorship to IMS Schedulers to ensure they are properly assessing progress of IMS milestones; identifying cost, schedule, and performance variances from the IMS; and reporting variances
- Work closely with Financial Analysts to integrate cost data into baseline and forecast schedules
- Identify, negotiate, and resolve conflicts between the stakeholders in the Master Planning/Scheduling process
- Participate in program reviews to support project schedule discussions
- Generate and document IMS processes and best practices in support of continuous improvement efforts
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an applicable field of study
- Minimum of seven years of experience with developing, managing, and maintaining resource-loaded project master schedules using Microsoft Project
- A Minimum of three years of experience managing Integrated Master Schedulers
- Experience with schedule reporting software, such as Milestone Professional or similar
- Experience with creating and managing a schedule Critical Path
- Experience in rolling-up multiple Microsoft Project schedules into a program-wide IMS
- Experience in evaluating a complex project IMS and determining schedule risks, opportunities, and corrective actions by performing Critical Path analyses, Schedule Health Metrics, and other schedule analyses
- Possess a strong understanding of the following items: Integrated Master Plan (IMP), Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Statement of Work (SOW), Contractor Performance Report (CPR), and Earn Value Management System (EVMS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to present IMS status during internal and customer-facing meetings and reviews
- Excellent leadership, planning, and organization skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate in multidisciplined project environments
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC) and a United Stated Government Security Clearance
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- Legal & ID Shield Services
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
Ricardo Defense Inc, is the business entity within Ricardo plc that works on classified safety and defense contracts for the US DoD and it therefore operates as a separate entity governed by a Special Security Agreement (SSA). Ricardo Defense Inc provides solutions to meet the challenges faced by defense customers in the integration of complex and diverse systems specializing in taking innovative technologies from science to real-world deployment. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense Inc, is a proud recipient of the 2022 Hire Vets Gold Medallion Award.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.