- Role type
We are looking for highly capable Mechanical Engineer to support our rapidly growing business. The Mechanical Engineer provides expertise in and completes design and analysis of rail systems and components. Ricardo Rail Australia is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to our clients’ transport project challenges.
- Provide technical advice in mechanical engineering.
- Work collaboratively with engineers (including in other disciplines), subsystem / subject matter experts, project teams and other stakeholders to achieve project & business outcomes.
- Work directly wth clients (including deployed within client teams and site visits) to deliver services.
- Review technical submissions at various phases of engineering design (SDR/PDR/DDR/TRR/SVR) for compliance.
- Attend site to provide advice on technical matters.
- Develop trade-off reports as required to support decision making.
- Lead, participate in, support, and contribute to workshops and meetings with clients, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Produce, contribute to, and review engineering documentation including reports, calculations, specifications, procedures, etc.
- Produce, contribute to, and review management and project deliverables, including plans, schedules, risk assessments, issues registers, etc.
- Review of engineering documents, develop comments and recommendations including input from stakeholders and subject matter experts, and collaborate with clients and stakeholders in delivering findings and developing amendments.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical/Mechatronic/Structural Engineering (or other related discipline)
- 5 years mechanical, structural or related discipline experience.
- 5 years rolling stock experience (preferred).
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent English verbal and written communication.
- Proficiency in other languages (desirable).
- Organised and able to meet deadlines.
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, please click the ‘Apply” link.
Ricardo Rail Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.