Ground Vehicle Robotics Account Manager
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking an Account Manager to lead Ground Vehicle Robotics (GVR) projects within the U.S. Army Ground Vehicle research and development (R&D) center in Warren, MI. As Ground Vehicle Robotics Account Manager, this position will provide programmatic leadership in the planning and execution of multiple projects focused on delivering autonomous, driver-optional, and tele-operated robotic capability solutions for ground robots, combat vehicles, and tactical vehicles. This exciting position will manage a portfolio of cutting-edge R&D efforts in the development and integration of robotic and autonomous capabilities, human-machine interfaces, and Autonomy Stack software packages for current and future force capabilities. The GVR Account Manager will focus heavily on customer intimacy, solution delivery, and collaboration in a diverse team environment.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess robotics experience with the ability to cultivate customer relationships, ensure the successful execution of a portfolio of GVR projects, and lead technical project teams. The ideal candidate will also be able to perform successfully both collaboratively and independently with periodic oversight. Some travel between Ricardo offices and customer locations will be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates effectively with senior leadership of Ricardo Defense and customers
- Ensures project leadership is in place to execute customer technical projects
- Acts as program manager, and in some cases technical lead, working closely with multiple project teams to manage and support the execution of advanced R&D efforts
- Manages aggregate cost and schedule information across a portfolio of projects
- Leads the delivery of innovative solutions that meet project objectives and requirements
- Leads the development of project proposals
- Holds responsibility and accountability for portfolio execution, and holds project teams accountable for executing in their roles
- Provides clear direction and guidance to project managers and technical leads
- Provides clear and constructive feedback to project teams based on project performance
- Generates best practices in developing and delivering integrated technical solutions
- Performs business development/strategy functions
- Maintains customer relationships at all Account levels and with partner organizations
- Conducts conflict resolution as needed
- Represents Ricardo Defense as customer’s main point of contact for the account
- A bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Computer Science discipline from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of seven years of project management experience associated with Robotics and Autonomous Systems
- Minimum of five years of experience leading technical teams
- Experience managing a portfolio of multiple technical projects
- Excellent customer-facing verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to create standout presentations
- Excellent technical leadership, planning and organization skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate in multidisciplined engineering environments
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC) as well as a United States Government Security Clearance
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- Legal & ID Shield Services
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
Ricardo Defense Inc, is the business entity within Ricardo plc that works on classified safety and defense contracts for the US DoD and it therefore operates as a separate entity governed by a Special Security Agreement (SSA). Ricardo Defense Inc provides solutions to meet the challenges faced by defense customers in the integration of complex and diverse systems specializing in taking innovative technologies from science to real-world deployment. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense Inc, is a proud recipient of the 2022 Hire Vets Gold Medallion Award.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.