- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking a Project Manager / Systems Engineer to join our growing team. This Project Manager / Systems Engineer will be performing a duel role as both a PM and Systems Engineer on a particular program. This program will support Ricardo Defense integration projects that focus on integrating a variety of different payloads onto selected military platforms. This project Manager / Systems Engineer will strengthen Ricardo Defense’s core competencies in military vehicle system architecture and complex system integration. The Project Manager / Systems Engineer will ensure that Ricardo Defense solutions are architected, designed, and tested in concert with disciplined functional safety approaches and analyses.
Candidates for this position must be able to perform successfully both collaboratively and independently with periodic oversight. This position requires regular interaction with customers and subject matter experts. Some travel between Ricardo offices and customer locations will be required.
This is a Hybrid work position that will allow for teleworking as well as on-site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and coordinate various projects, products, and other strategic initiatives across Ricardo Defense
• Act as project manager and in some cases technical lead working closely with the project team to manage and support the execution of technical tasks.
• Provide oversight of small to moderate sized (less than 10 employee) development projects
• Develop and implement project plans that execute within cost, schedule and quality requirements.
• Collaborate with the Director of Programs, development team, suppliers, and customers to ensure that requirements and expectation are addressed in all phases of the project
• Conduct reviews with product teams to ensure requirements are being met throughout product development cycle
• Able to successfully represent the company and communicate effectively with customers
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of ten years of overall relevant engineering experience to include a minimum of three years of Project Management experience
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to present standout presentations
- Ability to effectively collaborate in multidiscipline engineering environments
- Good technical leadership, planning and organization/control skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a United States Government Secret Clearance and Common Access Card (CAC)
Additional Desired Experience:
• Experience with Army Product Development Life Cycle from entrance to exit
• Define integration strategies and methods and then planning them in accordance with established deadlines and time schedules
• Experience with CAD software programs such as CREO, NX, or Solidworks
• The ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly and persuasively to peers, management and customers
• Minimum of seven years of government contracting experience DoD systems/vehicles.
• Good technical leadership, planning and organization/control skills
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense Inc, is the business entity within Ricardo plc that works on classified safety and defense contracts for the US DoD and it therefore operates as a separate entity governed by a Special Security Agreement (SSA). Ricardo Defense Inc provides solutions to meet the challenges faced by defense customers in the integration of complex and diverse systems specializing in taking innovative technologies from science to real-world deployment. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense Inc, is proud to be a Hire Vets 2022 Gold Medallion Award recipient.
Ricardo Defense Inc, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.