- Role type
Ricardo Defense has an exciting career opportunity for a Full Stack Software Developer to join to our growing software team. This Software Developer will develop and sustain software projects for our Department of Defense customers. This Software Developer opportunity allows for remote work but may require work in our office for various items from time to time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with your Software Development lead to identify opportunities for increased process efficiency, code and module sharing, standardization, and integration.
- Identify and follow industry best practices where applicable.
- Monitor and identify future software directions, trends, and technologies.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an applicable field of study
- Ability to obtain and maintain a United States Government Secret Security Clearance and a Common Access Card (CAC) is required (Only applicants able to obtain a Security Clearance will be considered. Please review requirements before applying. Must be a United States Citizen to Obtain a Security Clearance).
- A Minimum of 2 years working on cross-platform desktop applications using Electron/Web technologies
- Develop high-value software products derived from system engineering specifications and architecture design
- Develop products with emphasis on minimizing future software sustainment needs
- Experience creating unit tests on new or existing code base
- Experience modeling software (UML)
- Database skills such as SQL queries, Entity Framework, data analytics (ETL processes) preferred
- Experience with .NET Web API, Spring APIs, and/or Xamarin is a bonus
- Ability to interface directly with customers
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Bitbucket and JIRA preferred
- Enthusiastic team player who facilitates team success
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense Inc, is the business entity within Ricardo plc that works on classified safety and defense contracts for the US DoD and it therefore operates as a separate entity governed by a Special Security Agreement (SSA). Ricardo Defense Inc provides solutions to meet the challenges faced by defense customers in the integration of complex and diverse systems specializing in taking innovative technologies from science to real-world deployment. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense Inc, is proud to be a 2022 Hire Vets Gold Medallion Award Recipient.
Ricardo Defense Inc, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.