- Role type
Ricardo Canada, Inc., is looking for 3 experienced Engineering Integrators to join our team immediately. Our head office is located at 160 Elgin Street, Suite 2600, Ottawa, Ontario, K0A 3P0. Our current project office is located at 97 Front St W., Toronto, ON, M5J 1E6. In this role, the employee will be working primarily from our current project office along with other client sites throughout Ontario and, where appropriate, remotely
These are permanent, full-time positions of 40 hours/week with an annual salary of $170,000 to $195,000 (depending on experience) plus benefits including medical and pension, along with 20 days’ vacation. In addition to salary, discretionary bonus payments and yearly discretionary salary increases may be provided based on performance. Relocation benefits may also be available. The language of work for this position is English.
The main responsibilities for this position include:
- Directing and leading on all engineering activities within a major multifunctional project or a portfolio of projects;
- Managing the delivery of engineering products throughout the project lifecycle, providing assurance that it complies with the requirements of the relevant standards and regulatory obligations, and is ultimately capable of acceptance back onto the network safely and on time;
- Providing technical leadership and authority in the context of a defined discipline and endorsing key technical decisions;
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of project processes for design and construction activities to deliver an integrated system architecture able to achieve whole life reliability, maintainability, operability, and meet cost-effective targets;
- Developing and managing processes to deliver, monitor and review the multi-functional engineering outputs to support the project(s) schedule, budget, safety, environmental and quality requirements;
- Managing a project engineering assurance regime to confirm whether safety, environmental and quality of design, construction testing, and commissioning and management systems are adequate;
- Devising tools and techniques to develop and inspect technical projects, and identifying or tailoring best quality assurance and compliance verification practices by, among other means, conducting research into global markets or international experience;
- Working with clients to understand business needs and business development opportunities, preparing proposals in response to ITTs, and leading the project negotiation processes, as required, demonstrating market knowledge and applying commercial acumen appropriately;
- Detailing certification process to potential and current clients;
- Preparing high-quality, technically accurate analysis, reports, designs or other documents in support of client projects within timescales and budgetary requirements;
- Applying industry knowledge in collating, analysing and synthesising complex information in line with industry standards and company procedures;
- Reviewing and assessing technical information and submissions provided by clients;
- Presenting technical and commercial information to internal and external audiences, and facilitating workshops and meetings as needed;
- Ensuring compliance with applicable legislation, railway and technical standards, and establishing remedial procedures for any identified non-compliance;
- Managing the introduction of new or amended system architecture, including the attainment of all necessary approvals prior to Entry Into Service;
- Overseeing, reviewing, providing feedback and approving work performed by other team members to ensure its correctness, quality and compliance with our internal procedures and policies, and where needed, providing appropriate training; and
- Other related duties as required by customer for the role of Designated Project Engineer.
The following skills are required for this position:
- Degree in science, engineering or closely related discipline;
- Extensive experience in area of Conventual Railway;
- Experience in the role of a “Designated Project Engineer”;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and appropriate specialist software;
- Valid certification as a Chartered Engineer or equivalent preferred; and
- Membership in an engineering professional association preferred.
Applications can be submitted online on our website (https://apply.ricardo.com/vacancies/). If you have any questions about the role, please contact Harmi Basran on email@example.com. Please provide your resume and cover letter upon submission of application. Applicants who do not submit a resume will not be considered.