Senior Consultant Life Cycle Assessment - India
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Senior Consultant Life Cycle Assessment
Location: New Delhi
Role ID: 2023-1724
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Ricardo Energy & Environment, one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units, is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
The sustainability team at Ricardo Energy & Environment helps clients to understand and then reduce their environmental and social impacts. A key tool in this process is life cycle assessment (LCA), which examines such impacts across the full life cycle of a product or service. We have delivered a significant number of LCA projects over the last five years across a broad range of products and sectors from automotive to building materials to specific low carbon technologies.
LCA is a key growth area for the business, and we are currently looking for an experienced Senior Consultant to join our rapidly growing LCA team.
- You will actively interface and work with our UK-based team on a daily basis.
- Candidates must meet all deemed as "essential" further down in this job description.
- Candidates must attach a cover letter to their application (minimum of 400 words), indicating their main reasons for applying for this role with Ricardo and what they believe they can offer to our team.
Within a collaborative and supportive team of consultants, you will be responsible for managing and contributing to projects through all phases - from the preparation of proposals and new bids through to delivering work and managing project delivery. You will need to manage your time across several projects and provide support and coaching to junior members of the team, with responsibility for the quality and delivery of your work and effective project management.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage and work on a range of LCA projects.
- Build LCA models, in Microsoft Excel and software packages such as SimaPro or GaBi.
- Lead and contribute to the development of proposals for new work.
- Undertake a project management role, controlling budgets and timings, and tasks to junior colleagues as required, and working with clients and managing their expectations.
- Ensure appropriate profile raising and marketing of Ricardo’s services and capabilities.
Ricardo operates a parallel ‘team leader’ system for pastoral staff management, meaning that you will not initially have any direct line management responsibilities. However, if such line management is of interest to you, we can help you to demonstrate and develop that capability.
Essential skills and behaviours
- At least 5 years’ experience of managing and delivering LCA projects in accordance with international standards.
- Higher education qualification (Bachelor’s Degree) in an environmental discipline, or otherwise to have a good track record working in an environmental role, so that you can demonstrate your knowledge.
- Experience of building LCA models, using Microsoft Excel and software packages such as SimaPro or GaBi, and an understanding of the relevant ISO standards.
- Analytical skills with an ability to identify, develop and implement solutions.
- Excellent written skills to communicate clearly and without errors.
- Project management skills that demonstrate ability to manage and account for time spent, and to deliver work on time and budget.
- High level of computer literacy, including familiarity with the full Microsoft Office software suite.
- Team working and ability to coordinate and prioritise activities to ensure delivery to agreed deadlines.
Desirable skills and behaviours
- Experience of working in the consultancy sector to demonstrate that you have the necessary commercial awareness, but we are also interested to talk to candidates currently performing relevant roles directly within industry.
- An understanding other methodologies relating to LCA, such as carbon footprinting, EPDs, PCRs and PEF.
- Identifying and developing business opportunities.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.