IT Support Technician
- Role type
Van Buren, MI
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximize efficiency and eliminate waste. With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 3000 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world, and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership. As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
We are currently looking for an IT Support Technician with a passion for providing exceptional end-user support. This role will provide ample opportunities to advance your IT career through exposure to a wide array of technologies, mentorship, and Ricardo’s commitment to collective innovation.
You will be supporting Ricardo’s engineers and staff in ensuring they have the tools and resources they need to develop and build solutions to our wide array of global customers.
In addition, you will be joining a global team, connecting with colleagues in the United Kingdom and Czech Republic to support global initiatives to improve agility, resiliency, and security within the IT infrastructure.
Tasks will include:
Fielding a wide array of 2nd level IT support requests and able to perform basic tasks and troubleshooting for:
o Operating Systems (Windows 10/11)
o Microsoft 365 Office Suite of Applications
o Microsoft Teams
o Laptop and desktop hardware, peripherals including headsets, docking stations
o Software installations
Managing the full lifecycle of end user computing needs:
o Providing IT Orientation for new hires
o Provisioning, deploying, transitioning, facilitating repairs/upgrades, and decommissioning assets
o Coordinating shipping/receiving for new hires / leavers
o Updating asset management platform to reflect active status
· At least 2-3 years of experience in IT performing desktop support
· Foundational understanding of TCP/IP networking, DNS
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Committed to maintaining structure and consistency around service delivery practices
· Familiarity with managing service desk tickets
· Ability to actively manage commitments and negotiate competing priorities
· Apply critical thinking needed to support individual and group efforts
· Comfortable troubleshooting a wide array of end-user devices including laptops, desktops, mobile devices, and associated peripherals
Roles at Ricardo, Inc. are individually tied to Quality, Health and Safety policies and procedures. Further trainings and information will be reviewed upon start.
· Experience supporting CAD/CAM/CAE needs
· Using PowerShell to perform basic tasks
· Familiarity with Microsoft Intune/Endpoint Manager
· Experience working in Agile (scrum) teams
· CompTIA A+ or CompTIA IT Fundamentals
· Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals