- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join our team. This Systems Engineer will directly support Ricardo Defense clients on site at the United States Army Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM) in Warren, MI. This role will strengthen Ricardo Defense’s core competencies in military vehicle system architecture and complex systems integration. This Systems Engineer will ensure fleet readiness by monitoring for obsolescence issues and mitigating them as they arise. Tools will be used to predict future obsolescence and determine necessary redesigns.
This Systems Engineer will work to find funding and manage these redesigns. Candidates for this position must be able to perform successfully both collaboratively and independently with periodic oversight. This Systems Engineer requires regular interaction with customers and subject matter experts. This position will be located at our customer’s location in Warren, MI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Diminishing, Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) Plan
- Monitor Bills of Material (BOM) for DMSMS issues
- Analyze and recommend courses of action for parts that have gone obsolete
- Provide technical feedback to systems engineers and project leaders on all technical aspects of the program to include requirements, design, integration and system performance
- Collaborate with project managers, colleagues, development team members, suppliers and customers to ensure that requirements and expectations are addressed in all phases of the project
- Support the preparation and execution of technical reviews with product teams to ensure requirements are being met throughout the product development cycle
- Communicate effectively with customers as a contributing member of the customer’s project team
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university is required.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance and a Common Access Card (CAC) are required.
- Ten plus years of relevant engineering experience
- Experience with defense ground vehicle systems and obsolescence management
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to present standout presentations
- Ability to effectively collaborate in multidiscipline engineering environments
- Experience with Product Development Life Cycle (Systems, Software)
- Experience with writing and managing documentation
- The ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly and persuasively to peers, management and customers
- Good technical leadership, planning and organization/control skills
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Comfort level with advanced system and concept development, and in developing creative or novel safety strategies in the automation space
Ricardo Defense offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.