- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: HR Administrator
Salary range: Up to £26,000 per annum
Role ID: 2023-1715
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Energy & Environment, one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units, is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
We are currently looking for a HR Administrator to join our HR team.
- Supporting the HR Business Partners and the rest of the HR team with administration, eg changes to terms and conditions, confirmation of maternity/paternity/unpaid leave requests, probation letters, payroll changes, preparing leaver correspondence etc.
- Entering and updating employee data in our various systems including our HR system (Cascade HR), our Employee Management System (EMS) and our finance system (Agresso).
- Assisting with the production of employment contracts and general induction paperwork as requested.
- Leading on obtaining the necessary security clearances for all new starters, including obtaining references.
- Any other general duties that may be required from time to time, such as colleague spotlight administration, document destruction, helping in the management of the HR inbox and induction activities, answering general HR queries.
- Taking responsibility for the continuous improvement of the HR administration processes.
- Excellent literacy, numeracy and attention to detail.
- A strong team-working ethic.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Results/delivery focus.
- The ability to take personal responsibility for making things happen.
- A strong appreciation of an individual’s contribution within a business context.
- A desire for continuous improvement.
- An awareness of the importance of confidentiality and data protection.
- Experience of providing a highly responsive service.
- Outstanding communication skills – providing excellence in customer service.
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office including Excel - the role will include some data analysis); Cascade HR and Agresso software experience desirable but not essential.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.