Associate Consultant – ESOS Lead Assessor (Contractor / Associate)
- Role type
Project title: Associate Consultant – ESOS Lead Assessor (Contractor / Associate)
Duration: 12 months / flexible
Capability level: Mid-level
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy, delivering energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise for projects around the world.
Demand for ESOS work is outstripping our team’s resources, hence we would like to collaborate with experienced independent / associate ESOS lead assessors who are accomplished in energy auditing, who can support us in managing and delivering ESOS and net zero projects, plus the opportunity to collaborate with us on wider energy and carbon management projects.
The role will be largely technical in its focus but will form a critical part of the delivery of our net zero project delivery as well as supporting our customers with ESOS compliance.
Read more about our energy and carbon management work:
- Client liaison and technical delivery will be required from initial client engagement through to provision of final reports.
- Undertake energy audits and support our customers with ESOS compliance.
- Produce reports of a high standard which communicate clearly and without errors. Accuracy and attention to detail are vital.
- Work directly with varied clients and manage their expectation using strong influencing, negotiation, presentation and relationship management skills.
- Deliver projects across sectors such as transportation, industrial, lighting, food, drink and paper.
- Manage time to ensure delivery within allocated budgets and timescales. Time spent should be clearly accounted for.
- Have a higher education qualification (Bachelor’s Degree) in an environmental discipline, or otherwise to have a good track record working in an environmental role, so that you can demonstrate your knowledge.
- Have practical career experience and be able to demonstrate relevant technical capability and excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Be an accomplished ESOS lead assessor with at least 4 years’ experience of energy auditing and identification of energy saving / decarbonisation measures.
- Experience of working across a range of different industrial and commercial sectors and with different energy using processes and technologies.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in energy and carbon management planning, data and strategy.
- Knowledge of technical areas such as energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainable transport, carbon sequestration and offsetting.
- Regulatory compliance - knowledge of both current and future environmental and energy related legislation.
- Have demonstrated experience of working face-to-face with clients and managing their expectations.
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively.
You will need to hold a Full UK Driving licence for this position.
About Ricardo Energy & Environment
Ricardo Energy & Environment is an internationally leading sustainability consultancy combining air quality, energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability.
Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled technical expertise and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
We have over 500 technical and scientific staff, many are recognised experts in their disciplines, and over 60 years’ consulting experience that includes a long track record of successfully delivering services and advice to a wide range of major private and public-sector organisations.