Middle East Waste Strategy and Implementation Lead
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Middle East Waste Strategy and Implementation Lead
Location: Saudi Arabia
Job ID: 2023-1697
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Energy & Environment, one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units, is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
We are currently looking for a Waste Strategy and Implementation Lead to join our Waste team in Saudi Arabia.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who would like to work in an expanding international market. To be successful, you must be willing to relocate or spend 50% of your work time in Saudi Arabia.
A particular focus will be development and implementation of long-term resource and waste management strategies helping clients to navigate the changing global and national resource management picture. The role of resource management in delivering Net Zero Carbon Roadmaps will be of increasing importance in the delivery of our strategic advice.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Leading the delivery of resource and waste management strategies for our Middle East clients.
- Supporting our business development leads in the winning of new business, through networks and relationships, including writing proposals and participating in conferences and events.
- Leading client management activities and interpreting client expectations into successful project delivery.
- Undertaking the role of project manager or director on Middle East projects and quality assurance of project work undertaken by others.
- Aligning strategies with best practice frameworks, e.g. net zero, circularity etc.
- Technical support on strategy development and implementation projects and other services offered by the business area to key decision makers in the waste industry, particularly governments, municipalities and waste management companies.
- Responsible for the quality of own work and reviewing the work of others.
- Ensuring tasks to be delivered on time and within budget.
Apply for this role if you have:
- Experience in waste strategy development at a local, regional and/or national level.
- Understanding of the tools and processes associated with the strategy development process.
- Understanding of international resource and waste management policy.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), presenting (to technical and non-technical audiences) and facilitating skills.
- Ability to write clear, concise, accurate reports.
- Knowledge of the Middle East waste sector, key stakeholders and service delivery models.
- Experience of project management and delivering alongside managing junior staff and sub-contractors.
- Strong numerical analysis skills.
- Ability to conduct and analyse referenced research and arrive at well-reasoned conclusions.
- Knowledge of international mega trends.
- Understand complex issues and data alongside identifying solutions promptly.
- Fluent in Arabic.
- Tertiary qualification in relevant subject area.
- Experience with circular economy and carbon policy.
Skills and behaviours:
- Able to work independently and as part of a project team, irrespective of position.
- Able to meet (multiple) deadlines, manage and deliver competing priorities.
- Attention to detail and pride in producing quality work.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.