Consultant - Engineer
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Consultant - Engineer
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Role ID: 2022-1679
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
We are pleased to say that Inside Infrastructure is now part of Ricardo plc, a world class environmental, engineering, and strategic consulting company.
We are looking to further grow Inside Infrastructure's capability in providing water and environmental solutions to our Australian clients and to bring in some of Ricardo plc's leading experience in decarbonisation, ESG and sustainability across industry and government.
Start your career with Ricardo plc. We provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading edge and innovative solutions and we continually work to help our clients increase efficiencies, achieve growth, and create a safe and sustainable world.
This role is based at Ricardo plc's 'Inside Infrastructure' office in the Adelaide CBD.
We are currently looking for a Consultant – Engineer to join our Adelaide team working across the utilities, mining, and government sectors.
You will have the opportunity to use your technical capabilities and experience to support long term strategy, planning and infrastructure project delivery.
- Lead small projects and assist on medium and large scale projects.
- Support the technical lead on complex projects and proposals.
- Support Inside Infrastructure’s project teams to deliver exceptional results across multiple sectors.
- Assist with the preparation of free proposals and tenders, where necessary
- Complete reports for all stages of projects.
- Assist and coordinate with other members of the consulting team in the preparation of project deliverables.
Key competencies and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, Process, Mechatronics, Electrical) or similar.
- Relevant experience in supporting delivery of infrastructure projects to the water, energy, mining or resources sectors (2+ years).
- Experience working in consulting, or a similar services industry will be valuable as will demonstrated client-side experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing project deliverables to completion, within budget and to a high standard.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
Skills and behaviours
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Well developed customer service capabilities with the ability to develop and nurture stakeholder relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to concisely present findings in written form (e.g., reporting, presentation).
- Team player, able to provide support to the wider team on projects.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn and improve technical expertise.
- Self-motivated with a desire to achieve high standards.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Sound report writing and written English skills.
- Interest in strengthening client relationships and business development.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have drive, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programs and policies that support individuals including flexible working, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our Employee Assistance program.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.