Senior Programme Manager - Climate Change
- Role type
- Flexible Hours, Part time, Permanent
- Madrid, Flexible, Italy, Flexible, NL, Flexible, Germany
- Closing Date
Role: Senior Programme Manager - Climate Change
Location: Madrid , Spain
Role ID: 2022-1655
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Energy & Environment, one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units, is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
We are currently looking for a Senior Programme Manager to join our Climate Change team.
We are looking for a Senior Programme Manager to support the delivery of our climate change work for the European Commission. You will have the capability to work across the project life cycle, from early stage prospecting through bidding and the successful delivery of projects. You will have a strong commercial awareness and energy and enthusiasm for growing the business in your technical area. Ideally, you will have experience in leading or working on proposals and projects for clients such as, the European Commission, national governments, and development banks.
The role is a mid to high-level position with responsibility for:
- Leading the delivery of large complex projects or programmes
- Responsibility for client satisfaction, timely delivery, coordination of partner inputs, project financial management and ensuring high-quality outputs.
- Leading, managing and contributing to complex proposals, including proposal writing, costing programmes etc
- Coordinating activities with the project team
- Development and maintenance of close client and partner relationships at high level to support the winning of new business.
- Carrying out detailed technical work, as appropriate, to contribute to high quality project delivery.
- Presenting Ricardo Energy & Environment’s work at client meetings and conferences.
Key competencies and experience:
- Educated to at least Bachelor’s degree level specialising in scientific, engineering, environmental, legal or economic fields.
- Candidates must demonstrate sufficient experience to show the required competencies, either through consulting work or in a related area.
- Delivery of knowledge sharing, capacity building and communication activities e.g. Communities of Practice
- Experience working within multidisciplinary teams, and experience managing complex projects is essential.
- Previous experience managing projects for the European Commission is especially preferred
- Good understanding of climate action planning, and in particular climate change adaptation, gained during studies or work experience
Skills and behaviours:
- Strong project management skills with track record in leading complex projects and programmes
- Excellent written and spoken English essential; fluency in other European languages will be an advantage.
- Strong oral and written communication essential, including concise and precise report writing.
- Good team worker and experienced in delegation
- Strong level of commercial awareness and appreciation for project financial management principles
- Experience of working with the European Commission or other similar clients.
- Experience of organising workshops or the delivery of technical assistance overseas – we require candidates with some experience managing such projects
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.