- Role type
Sterling Heights, MI
Ricardo Defense has a rewarding career opportunity for a Materials Manager located at our Sterling Heights, Michigan facility. This is a critical role within our ABS program leadership team and has a high degree of visibility within our corporation. The responsibilities will be multifaceted; balancing daily management of our materials team and the supply chain they coordinate while maintaining a long-term focus on supply chain strategies.
The Materials Manager will lead our materials group and will have responsibility for the supply chain that supports the ABS/ESC program (a safety system that has been developed for the DoD based HMMWV). Leading material team members with a focus on daily tactical requirements while maintaining long term supplier relationships is key. Specific job duties include the coordination of incoming material, outgoing shipments, inventory management, purchasing, customer demand, logistics and the optimization of material planning. Ability to work directly with suppliers on day-to-day material requirements in addition to providing long term forecasts as required. Additional duties include training staff and tracking the flow of inventory through the company’s supply chain system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key SAP business expert for material planning, purchasing, forecasting, receiving and shipping
- Manage inventory based on demand, forecasting, and customer agreements
- Mentor team members, align their activities towards program goals and objectives
- Establish Economic Order Quantity (EOQ), safety stocks, reorder points, etc.
- Manage activities related to material requirements planning (MRP), procurement, material flow and inventory control and warehousing
- Inventory management, asset visibility and cycle counting
- Support material availability for assembly/shipping operations, resolve shortages
- Preparing reports/presentations/briefings using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat software
- Gathering, coordinating, validating and submitting documentation required to execute contracting actions necessary to comply with the Procurement process
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a security clearance
- Experience with SAP and MRP is required
- BA / BS degree or 5+ years’ experience in materials management
- Five plus years in logistics or materials management
- Experience in material planning and production scheduling using an integrated ERP system in a manufacturing environment
- Firm understanding when urgency is required and keen sense of when systems need to be improved
- APICS Certificate desirable
- Strong organization, prioritizing, communication, written and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of best practice processes
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Customer focused, consistently placing client as top priority
- Ability to lead team members
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.