Software Project Manager
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking a Project Manager to manage the execution of a software development and integration project supporting our United States Marine Corps customer. This is a strategic position within Ricardo Defense’s expansion of software engineering services for the DoD.
The Software Project Manager will manage teams of technical professionals engaged in software product development and integration. This Manager will frequently engage with executive level customer leadership in strategic briefings, planning and negotiations. This manager will have ultimate responsibility for customer satisfaction and project quality. Additional responsibilities include the development of detailed project plans for execution; coordination of staff assignments; monitoring and reporting status to customers and internal management. This position will require travel to customer sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers and suppliers when developing and executing new business
- Develop presentations and support demonstrations for executive level customers and their customers.
- Develop and manage project budget, schedules, and execution performance
- Manage development sprint tasking as aligned to overarching project schedule
- Develop and present formal milestone and program review briefings
- Support software engineering teams to ensure customer requires are achieved
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to support domestic travel and occasional international travel
- Experience working with MS Project, JIRA, BitBucket
- Experience working within Agile software development team
- Experience working with NAVSEA, NAVAIR, NASA, USAF, USMC, or other United States Department of Defense (DoD) organizations is a plus
- Must be able to obtain a US government Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or other relevant fields of study from an accredited college or university
- Five years of professional experience including a minimum of one year of experience in Project Management
- PMP and/or SAFe certifications are a plus
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.