- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Flexible, NL, Flexible, UK, Madrid
- Closing Date
Role: Events Administrator
Location: UK Flexible, Spain (Madrid), Netherlands Flexible - Hybrid
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 plus benefits
Role ID: 2022 - 1657
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Energy & Environment, one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units, is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
We are currently looking for an Events Administrator to join our marketing and communications team.
The marketing and communications team is key to supporting the delivery of climate change projects and an important activity within this is the production of events. Our programme includes events that we deliver for major clients such as the European Commission and UK Government, as well as Ricardo branded events aimed at growing the business.
The Events Administrator will work with our Events Manager to ensure the company is successful in delivering engaging events that enable us to exceed customers’ expectations and that contribute to the development of the business. Events include physical and hybrid conferences, summits, product launches, and workshops, as well as digital webinars and conferences.
Events will vary in size, duration, and location from small half-day online workshops through to 500 delegate week-long international conferences with break-out meetings, accompanying exhibitions, gala dinners, and other on and off-site activities. Physical events mostly take place in the UK and EU.
As another key aspect of our business development, our specialists regularly participate in external events and we are always looking for suitable speaking or exhibition opportunities at events around the world. Participation at relevant events is crucial for enhancing the company’s visibility and reputation as well as generating new business. The role will provide administrative support in securing bookings, liaising with organisers, processing payments and helping with logistics.
We will provide you with training in the systems we use, and you will work closely with our dedicated events specialists, experienced senior marketing professionals and consultants from across the business.
You will work on supporting a wide range of activities, such as maintaining calendars and schedules, communicating with delegates and managing speakers, provision of guidance sheets and concise instructions, liaising with venues, suppliers and vendors and processing payments, ensuring adherence to best-practice processes, and supporting on the event delivery. Effective communication, time management and planning will be important for this role. A creative approach to enhancing attendee experience through engagement and interactivity will also be strongly encouraged.
Each event will be different, but key activities would include:
- Attend client calls where event requirements are discussed and take notes to action changes.
- Registering and communicating with delegates and speakers.
- Compiling delegate resources, handouts, and other collateral.
- Close liaison with venues and suppliers over requirements and confirmations.
- Scheduling and managing speaker rehearsals and supporting with the improvement of presentations (consistency, layout and brand alignment).
- Ensure content related to events on the website is kept up to date.
- Organising accommodation, meals, and travel where required.
- Provide full support during live event delivery: registering delegates, liaising with venue management, cueing content, triggering interaction points e.g. polls, and handling enquiries from attendees.
- Compile analytics to produce post-event reports and perform basic video editing.
Key competencies and experience
- Highly organised – you understand the importance of events being effectively planned and the need to meet deadlines.
- Good attention to detail – you take pride in the high-quality of the work you deliver.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – you are comfortable engaging with internal and external stakeholders (irrespective of level within the organisation).
- A basic awareness of marketing analytics and reporting – and why they are important for our understanding of the impact of what we do.
- An interest in digital tools and solutions – you are excited by the ever-growing toolkit of online solutions supporting digital engagement and communications.
- A proactive and engaged member of the communications team – you enjoy being part of a team and value building close relationships with team members.
Skills and behaviours
- Organisational, communication and time management skills are a key element.
- Positive attitude.
- Good use of English, written and verbal.
- Prior knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics would be preferable but full training will be given.
If you have a passion and enthusiasm for events and business development, this is an opportunity to join a supportive and sociable team of marketing and communications experts who are truly passionate about what the work they do. We will support your on-going career and personal development and provide you with opportunities to gain experience and training.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.