Senior Accounts Assistant
- Role type
- Full time, Part time
- Closing Date
Role: Senior Accounts Assistant
Salary range: £27,000 - £32,000
Role ID: 2022-1634
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Energy & Environment, one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units, is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
We are currently looking for a Senior Accounts Assistant to provide accounting support to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the sales invoicing function, ensuring tasks are prioritised amongst the team to meet KPIs for timely and accurate processing.
- First escalation point for queries or issues with sales invoicing.
- Prepare monthly reporting on sales incoming statistics for presentation to management, including analysis of credit notes raised and team performance vs KPIs.
- Identify and implement process improvements to maximise the efficiency of the sales invoicing function.
- Team Leader responsibility for some of the Accounts Assistants team: including monthly check in meetings and performance management.
- Preparation of sales invoices including compliance with VAT guidance
- Ensure purchase invoices are processed within agreed guidance
- Ensure employee expenses and credit/purchase cards are processed within agreed guidance.
- Resolve queries from employees and suppliers and proactively deal with account discrepancies
- Ad-hoc support to other roles in finance during periods of leave
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required
Key competencies and experience
- Ability to prioritise the work of a team and motivate them to meet targets and deadlines.
- Day to day management of team members
- Strong computer skills, especially within Exceland
- Experience of using accounting software.
- Good knowledge of HMRC guidance on VAT.
Skills and behaviours
- Strong organisation and communication skills.
- Highly motivated and reliable.
- Have a strong ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Build strong relationships internally and externally to resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Have a strong can-do attitude as well as being a team player to support colleagues.
- Experience of Agresso/Unit 4 ERP and Microsoft Dynamics – but not essential.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.