Senior Consultant - Engineering or Environmental Science
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Senior Consultant – Engineering or Environmental Science
Location: Adelaide, Australia (Hybrid)
Role ID: 2022-1625
We are pleased to say that Inside Infrastructure is now part of Ricardo plc, a world class environmental, engineering, and strategic consulting company.
We are looking to further grow Inside Infrastructure's capability in providing water and environmental solutions to our Australian clients and to bring in some of Ricardo plc's leading experience in decarbonisation, ESG and sustainability across industry and government.
Start your career with Ricardo plc. We provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading edge and innovative solutions and we continually work to help our clients increase efficiencies, achieve growth, and create a safe and sustainable world.
This role is based at Ricardo plc's 'Inside Infrastructure' office in the Adelaide CBD.
We are currently looking for a Senior Consultant – Engineering or Environmental Science to join our Adelaide team working across the utilities, mining, and government sectors.
You will have the opportunity to use your technical capabilities and experience to support long term strategy, planning and infrastructure project delivery.
- Lead small and medium projects and develop direct client relationships.
- Support the technical lead on complex projects and proposals.
- Develop meaningful and innovative ideas, solutions and strategies for our clients.
- Support Inside Infrastructure’s project teams to deliver exceptional results across multiple sectors.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior staff and share knowledge with the broader team.
- Complete reports for all stages of the project.
- Provide input into business development strategies and initiatives to further grow the business.
Key competencies and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Chemical or Process), Environmental Science (Water, Earth, Hydrology) or similar.
- Relevant experience in the delivery of infrastructure projects to the water, energy, mining, or resources sectors (5+ years).
- Experience working in consulting, or a similar services industry will be valuable as will demonstrated client-side experience.
- Proven track record of contributing high quality work.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects to completion, within budget and to a high standard.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
Skills and behaviours
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Well developed customer service capabilities with the ability to develop and nurture stakeholder relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to concisely present findings in written form (e.g., reporting, presentations).
- Team player, able to provide support to the wider team on projects.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn.
- Self-motivated with a desire to achieve high standards.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Sound report writing skills.
- Post graduate qualification in Project Management, Water Resource Management or similar will be highly regarded.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have drive, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core of our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programs and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our Employee Assistance Program.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.