Consultant - Strategic Consulting
- Role type
Van Buren, MI
Ricardo Strategic Consulting is the management consulting arm of Ricardo PLC (https://rsc.ricardo.com), a global $400 million provider of product development and engineering services for the last 100 years. Ricardo Strategic Consulting was founded in mid-2002 to provide management consulting services to automotive OEMs, automotive suppliers, technology and engineering intensive companies, investment banks and private equity firms.
Our goal is to become a defining entity for transportation and clean energy strategy consulting based on depth of industry knowledge and end-to-end delivery capability for engineering and product technology related topics, coupled with an experienced consulting team who are thought-leaders in the extended product development space (portfolio planning, technology forecasting, warranty improvement, engineering design cost optimization, etc). Most of our 70+ consultants worldwide have substantial automotive, energy, and transportation industry experience as well as experience from other top-tier strategy consulting firms prior to joining Ricardo Strategic Consulting.
We are growing aggressively in North America, Europe, and Asia and are looking to hire Consultants interested in working in Management Consulting to our core industries on strategic product development issues.
- Support clients on a wide variety of topics, including, but not limited to –
- New product development and new market entry strategy development
- Assessing market drivers and customer needs as part of product strategy development
- Technology assessment, road mapping and adoption scenario modeling/forecasting
- Competitive benchmarking of products and technologies – Product cost estimation, performance benchmark, life cycle cost analysis, overall business model review
- Operations strategy – Design and commercial cost reduction, sourcing strategy development and execution, manufacturing process assessment
- Due diligence engagements for leading early stage venture funds, private equity clients to help assess investments in the energy and transportation sectors
- Engage in overall RSC marketing activities by being active in authoring white papers, industry publications and presenting at market specific conferences
- Support senior leadership team in business development activities, as required
- Provide tactical support to Ricardo’s global technical consulting team and clients on key projects
- Efficiently and reliably identifies and utilizes key data sources; performs analysis with little direction. Articulates assumptions clearly.
- Design and execute qualitative and quantitative primary research
- Conduct and evaluate client/customer interviews
- Translate data into meaningful insights and recommendations
- Quantify economic implications of strategy recommendations for the client
- Support Project Manager in preparation for and during client meetings; effectively manages own activities and participates in leading a client team with support of the project manager
- Manages activities of support staff to produce timely and accurate end products. Makes good use of time, avoiding last-minute crises due to time management issues. Active team participant. Shares information, develop feedback loop with junior and senior team members
- Able to identify major client issues and trigger points (hard, soft factors) that may impede progress. Is viewed as a valuable contributor and is respected by client team members
- Communicate findings to the consulting team and the client verbally and in writing
- Works effectively within client organization, participates well in group working sessions to synthesize, clarify and redirect discussion
- Delivers portions of prepared presentations well. Understands material fully and answers questions logically
- Develop a solid understanding of Ricardo’s intellectual capital and Engineering capabilities
- Participates in recruiting events
Ideal candidates, in addition to possessing an MBA or equivalent advanced degree, will have at least 3 to 4 years of significant work experience in either the Automotive or a related Durable Goods Industry
- Understanding of products, technologies and market drivers in RSC target sectors and above all a keen interest to continue learning and building a career in the energy and transportation sector
- Prior work experience of 3+ years at an automotive, commercial vehicle, off highway, government or clean energy focused firm and experience in multiple functional roles is preferred
- Experience working in global teams and solving energy and transportation related problems
- Analytical skills to back market specific knowhow include, but not limited to:
- Basic statistical modeling and regression analysis
- Multi variable scenario modeling in commonly used programming languages
- Proficiency using MS Access, Excel and PowerPoint
- Adaptable to any client, industry sub sector or technology base; the candidate must rapidly learn the fundamentals of the client business model and project issues to offer immediate assistance
- Ability to communicate complex issues and recommend solutions to senior client leadership
- Willingness to be globally staffed on short notice
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, height, weight, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, arrest record (MI only), parental status (IL only), military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.