VueJS Frontend Developer
- Role type
- Oxfordshire (Harwell), Bristol
- Closing Date
Role: VueJS Frontend Developer
Location: Harwell, Didcot, Oxfordshire.
Salary range: £45,000 - £50,000
Role ID: 2022-1579
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Energy & Environment, one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units, is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
We are currently looking for an VueJs frontend developer to join our Digital Services team.
We are looking for someone with strong front end development skills who want to take their career to the next level. You'll be working on some exciting greenfield projects as well as adding functionality to a portfolio of existing bespoke web systems. With our selection of React based front-end projects, we expect to need your help to migrate several to Vue projects, striving to continuously improve the look and functionality of our client systems. You'll be working in agile teams where you'll be specialising in the front end.
With a solid background in open-source development, you’ll work with our front end and backend developers, helping us build and support professional and visually appealing interfaces for a range of key public and private sector clients. You’ll have the ability to take designs provided by UX/UI designers and convert these into Front End code, with a high degree of quality, delivering solutions that follow Front End best practices.
The successful candidate will be adept at working as part of a team across a portfolio of projects, able to adapt, understand and engage a diverse range of clients in both supporting and enhancing existing applications as well as creating new cutting-edge software solutions. The candidate will have strong commercial front-end development experience, ideally with a consultancy background or equivalent fast paced industry. You’ll exhibit solid interface design skills, excellent organisational skills and be an enthusiastic contributor to our team.
Developers with an eye for OOP and Micro service architecture will fit in well with the team. The architecture is predominantly written in PHP on the backend (Symfony) but the main emphasis on the role is strong VueJs skills.
Key competencies and experience
- Minimum of 3 years commercial experience building responsive user interfaces for websites, web applications and mobile platforms
- Using versioning systems (Git), task, test and release management tools
- Working collaboratively with software and non-software professionals
- Building interfaces with usability and accessibility compliance
- Agile development processes (Scrum)
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Webpack / Webpack Encore
- Strong familiarity using Jira and Confluence
- Commercial product development
- Web Map Service, Web Feature Service, GeoServer
- Familiarity with end-2-end testing frameworks, such as Jest or Cypress
- Graphs and Charts (HighCharts)
- Experience working with Drupal 8/9
- Basic knowledge of Redux, MobX or any state management skills
- Basic knowledge of ES6 (babel)
- Basic knowledge of static analysis tools such as ESLint
- Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) / Service workers
- MVC frameworks (Symfony, Laravel)
- Consultancy experience
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Graphic design background (Adobe photoshop or illustrator)
Skills and behaviours:
- Well organised, with the ability to accurately estimate and deliver high quality work
- A good team player with good face-to-face communication skills
- Interested and able to learn and apply new technologies, keeping current
- Good customer and commercial awareness
- IT or computer science degree is desirable
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.