- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking a Technical Illustrator who possesses knowledge of current graphic design software to produce graphic art and visual materials for website, promotions, advertisements, marketing materials, and informative and instructional material through a variety of media outlets. This Technical Illustrator will generate and manipulate graphic images, animations, sound, text and video into consolidated and seamless multimedia programs.
This Technical Illustrator remains abreast of technological advances in the field and can identify areas of use in the organization. The qualified candidate relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. May lead the work of others. This Technical Illustrator will work with both U.S. Army and Contractor personnel including engineers, designers, and technicians and logisticians to perform maintenance task analysis and develop technical documentation to support fielding, operation, and maintenance of platform integrated systems. The ideal candidate is proactive, eager to learn, and can view problems analytically and act on them effectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working as part of a team providing logistics support services in support of Technical Manual development
- Create and update illustrations using Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Solidworks, and Vis Pro
- Create and update illustrations from source markups
- Vector trace over photographs and raster art to create drawings
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an applicable field of study.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Interpret and convert information (e.g., engineering models, drawings, schematics, spreadsheets) into end-user military standard (MIL STD) documentation and reference materials such as Maintenance Allocation Charts (MAC), repair parts and special tools lists
- Excellent computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe Pro, FrameMaker, Illustrator, Photoshop, Iso Draw and Solidworks
- Familiar with Military Documentation Standards; MIL-STD-40051, MIL-STD-2361C, and MIL-HDBK-1222F
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card, and a Government Security Clearance
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.