Embedded Software Engineer
- Role type
Ricardo is a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, founded in 1915 our vision is to maximize efficiency and eliminate waste. With a century of experience delivering excellence and innovation, Ricardo now employs over 3000 engineers, scientists and consultants around the world and it is the passion and expertise of this community, which drives us forward and maintains our position of technical leadership. As a business, we value respect, integrity, innovation and passion and guided by these values we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
You will work on control and electronics projects in the automotive and transport industries. Working as part of a multinational and multi-disciplined team you will be supporting the design, development, and integration of leading-edge technologies.
Working as part of a multi-national team you will be working on a range of projects developing software for embedded microcontrollers for automotive applications.
Key activities –
- Development of embedded software in C.
- Use of AUTOSAR tools.
- Participation in code reviews with other team members.
- Definition of software requirements specifications
- Defining technical proposals
- Embedded software development
- Testing and integration of software
- Investigation and resolution of issues
- Coaching junior staff
Your everyday duties may include:
- Creating and managing software requirements
- Architectural design of software
- Development of embedded C code including unit testing
- Integration of control algorithms with low level software
- Integration testing including HW and SW integration
- Software release and maintenance
- Supporting customer communication and presentations
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- 5-10 years' related experience
- A degree in engineering or a software related discipline
- Experience in developing embedded software
- Experience in requirements management and software architecture design
- Experience in leading teams or projects
- Experience in functional testing and integration
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, height, weight, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, arrest record (MI only), parental status (IL only), military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.