Principal Consultant / Associate Director - Industrial Emissions Policy Lead
- Role type
- Manchester, Bristol, Glasgow, Oxfordshire (Harwell), London, Madrid
- Closing Date
Role: Principal Consultant /Associate Director - Industrial Emissions Policy Lead
Location:London, Madrid, Glasgow, Bristol, Manchester, Harwell(Oxfordshire), Hybrid, Homeworker
Role ID: 2022-1560
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Energy & Environment, one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units, is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
To match the growth of the Environmental Policy team, we have a vacancy for an individual to lead our industrial emissions policy area.
Working in international, multi-disciplinary teams, you will help to win, manage and deliver projects on industrial emissions policy. You will lead and write high quality proposals for customers, and contribute to other business development. You will be managing the studies you helped to win. Your delivery of projects will include providing technical input; policy development and implementation analysis; evaluating existing policy and technical measures; supporting cost-benefit analyses and carrying out stakeholder consultations. At this level you will also have opportunity to support the development of more junior colleagues.
Key competencies and experience
- Qualified to Bachelor’s or Master’s degree level in environmental policy, science, engineering, law, economics or a closely related subject
- Relevant experience within consultancy, government, research or industry
- Knowledge and experience working on environmental legislation and strategies in the EU and the UK relating to industrial emissions policy; other policy areas would additionally be an advantage
- Familiarity with the process of policy development and implementation, evaluation of technical and policy measures, cost-benefit analysis, data collection, validation and analysis
- Technical understanding of emission management and control technologies and measures across industrial sectors
- The ability to interact with policymakers at national and/or international level
- Efficient project management abilities
- Excellent report writing skills (in English)
- Track record in writing winning proposals
- Generation of new business leads, identification of new service offerings, building client relationships
Skills and behaviours
- Proven leadership experience
- Effective problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, combined with good influencing skills
- Flexibility, resilience and enthusiasm
- Strong team working skills
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.