Graduate Civil Consultant
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Graduate Civil Consultant
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Role ID: 2022-1549
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Energy & Environment, one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units, is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
We are currently looking for a Graduate Civil Consultant to join our Environmental Infrastructure team in Melbourne to support a number of Waste Infrastructure projects based in metro and regional areas within Victoria.
Our Environmental Infrastructure team provides support to our clients through supervision of landfill construction activities, and is responsible for documentation, site work, coordination, administration, and compliance.
- Supervision of construction works.
- Coordination and scheduling of testing materials.
- Ensuring consistency in accuracy and timely output of work.
- Administration duties.
- Attend meeting with clients to manage projects according to Ricardo’s scope of services.
- Write technical reports and respond to site and construction related queries.
- Work with the Ricardo team to deliver a finished product in accordance with service requirements.
- Assist and coordinate with other members of the consulting team in the preparation of project deliverables.
Key competencies and experience
Educated to at least Bachelor’s Degree level in Engineering ideally specialising in Civil.
- Have excellent professional communication skills.
- Have exceptional organisational skills with excellent attention to detail and ability to work methodically and thoroughly.
- Have a current Australian drivers’ licence.
- Have proof of working rights in Australia.
- Have a flexible approach to work activities.
Skills and behaviours
- Be able to work with and influence a wide range of stakeholders both inside and outside of the organisation.
- Be comfortable working on a variety of tasks in a sometimes fast-paced operational environment.
- Develop sufficient knowledge of the processes within customer service and operational delivery to be able to propose change and improvements.
- Be a team player willing to get involved; supporting colleagues to resolve issues and facilitating solutions.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have drive, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.