- Role type
- Permanent, Contract, Flexible Hours, Full time, Part time
- Closing Date
Role: Project Administrator
Location: UK Flexible
Salary range: £20,800 - £26,000
Role ID: 2022-1536
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Energy & Environment, one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units, is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
We are currently looking for a Project Administrator to join our Evidence and Policy team.
The ideal candidate will be prepared to take on a wide range of duties in support of project managers, clients and other stakeholders. These will include:
- Taking responsibility for the administration of one of the Scottish Farming Advice Service (SFAS) grant streams. Receiving applications, verifying eligibility and managing communication with applicants through the process. This task includes establishing and maintaining grant folders on the network, creating and updating records on the CRM database and managing correspondence. Full training and documentation of task processes will be provided
- Working with colleagues to provide support to farmers through the English FAS and Scottish FAS helpline- both telephone and email support.
- Assisting the SFAS project manager in collating financial information for the drawdown of money from Scottish Government on a monthly basis.
- Supporting the general administration of agriculture projects, this may involve liaising with advisers, chasing down paperwork from subcontractors, or farmers.
Key competencies and experience
- Previous administration experience- preferably in a grant manager role
- Have excellent professional telephone and email communication skills, previous helpline / telephone experience will be an advantage, but is not essential as full training will be given
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to plan and prioritise a varied workload, balancing the needs of several projects
- Proven ability to take ownership of tasks
- Experience of using Customer Relationship Management databases (CRMs) is desired.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of applications, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Be a proven completer-finisher with the ability to plan and prioritise a range of tasks and work effectively unsupervised
- Be able to build effective working relationships at all levels across the business; and
- Have a flexible approach to working activities.
Skills and behaviours
- Accuracy and attention to detail are vital.
- A flexible approach – able to see where help is needed and support colleagues as necessary.
- Be comfortable juggling a variety of tasks in a sometimes fast-paced operational environment.
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player.
- Able to work with a wide range of stakeholders both inside and outside of the organisation, and build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Keen to learn new systems and processes.
- Able to suggest improvements to systems and processes to improve efficiency.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.