Terrestrial Ecologist Analyst/Consultant
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Terrestrial Ecologist Analyst/Consultant
Location: London - Hybrid
Salary range: £21,000 - £31,000
Role ID: 1534
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Energy & Environment, one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units, is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
We are currently looking for an Terrestrial Ecologist Analyst/Consultant to join our Ecology team within the Water Practice.
- Provide technical, administrative or professional support to winning & executing projects.
- Gather relevant information. Solve problems, make decisions independently within own area of responsibility, or in conjunction with other team members or more senior colleagues.
- Undertake tasks on projects/bids and begins to manage tasks where appropriate.
- Develop client relationships at operational level on projects and tasks.
Key competencies and experience
- A first degree in a relevant subject, such as ecology or other biological sciences.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience of relevant work.
- Graduate or Associate membership of CIEEM.
- Basic knowledge of UK and EU Wildlife Legislation, planning policies, licensing requirements and best practice survey techniques.
Skills and Behaviour
- Communicates information clearly and accurately.
- An understanding of undertaking surveys safely and to the right quality standard.
- Good team working skills are essential.
- Plans, organises and reviews activities effectively and efficiently in order to meet defined expectations.
- Experience of project management and/or preparation of ecology proposals and tenders.
- Broad ecological survey experience with demonstrable proficiency in particular protected species surveys and/or habitat surveys and providing mitigation recommendations.
- Experience of planning and conducting ecological surveys, including habitat survey and protected species surveys and providing mitigation recommendations.
- At least one protected species survey licence (not including GCN).
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.