- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Accounts Apprentice
Location: Harwell and Abingdon and Witney college
Role ID: 2022- 1524
As an Accounts Apprentice you will provide accounting support to ensure the smooth running of the business. As an Account Apprentice, you will be responsible for maintaining the purchase ledger, processing employee expenses and initiating online payments.
This is a L2 apprenticeship to start, with an option of the L3 apprenticeship on successful completion. We also welcome applications form those who already hold a L2 AAT qualification and are looking to start at L3. 20% of your time will be spent in training.
With training, key responsibilities to include:
- Ensure all purchase invoices are processed within agreed guidance
- Ensure all employee expenses and credit/purchase cards are processed within agreed guidance
- Resolve queries from employees and suppliers and proactively deal with account discrepancies including supplier statement reconciliations
- Administration of credit/purchase card accounts
- Initiate payments on banking systems
- Ad-hoc support to other roles in finance during periods of leave
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required
Training Schedule for the apprenticship
Standard: Level 2 Accounts or finance assistant apprenticehip.
• Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths.
• AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting.
Duration:13 months practical training period, plus 3 months for End Point Assessment.
You will be required to complete a 16 month programme that will cover all aspects of the role and will be delivered through in-house training, as well as day-release Abingdon and Witney College.
• Work-based training with your employer.
• Day release during term time (approximately 1 day a week or 2 evenings for a year).
• Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required).
• Off the job training will count for at least 20% of an apprentice’s time at work.
End Point Assessment:
• In-tray test • Portfolio • Structured Interview
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
What we offer:
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained in this message by our CEO.
Requirements and prospects
- Have strong organisational and communication skills
- Have a good ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Have a strong can do attitude as well as being a team player to support colleagues
- Be highly motivated and reliable
- Would suit an individual who wishes to start career in finance
- A couple of years work/life experience beyond GCSE would be advantageous
Applicants should have 4 GCSEs at grade A* - C / 9 - 4 or equivalent, including maths & English, and will need to be able to demonstrate the capability to achieve all elements of the apprenticeship during their programme.
This is a fixed term appointment with a possible move to a permanent role upon the successful completion of the level 2 qualification. This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.