Senior Energy Efficiency and Product Policy Consultant
- Role type
- Oxfordshire (Harwell), Manchester, London
- Closing Date
Role: Senior Energy Efficiency and Product Policy Consultant
Location: UK Flexible
Salary range: £35'000-£53'000
Role ID: 2022-1522
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a world-class environmental, engineering and strategic consulting company listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading edge and innovative cross sector sustainable products and solutions, helping our global customers increase efficiencies, achieve growth and create a cleaner and safer future.
Our Energy and Environment business unit combines energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability.
We are currently looking for an Senior Energy Efficiency and Product Policy Consultant to join our Evidence and policy team.
The role is a position with responsibility for:
- Monitoring market developments and inputting to company business development activities to take advantage of emerging opportunities.
- Development and maintenance of close client and partner relationships to support the winning of new business.
- Contributing to complex proposals and leading simpler ones.
- Leading medium sized projects or tasks within larger projects
- Supporting the delivery of projects. This involves working within teams to achieve client satisfaction, timely delivery, strong project financial performance and high quality technical outputs.
- Participating in capacity building activities including workshop facilitation and presentation delivery.
- Presenting Ricardo Energy & Environment’s work at client meetings.
Key competencies and experience:
- Educated to at least Bachelor’s degree level specializing in scientific, engineering, product design or environmental fields.
- Experience contributing to business development and/or competitive bid writing in a consultancy environment is strongly desired.
- Experience working within multidisciplinary teams is essential, and experience managing project teams would be an advantage.
- Previous experience working within projects for clients such as the UK Government, European Commission, JRC, World Bank, GIZ and other international financial institutions would be desirable.
- Experience with UK and EU energy and climate change policy especially the measures implemented under the UK industrial strategy, Net Zero agenda, Clean Growth Strategy, EU Energy Efficiency Directive, Ecolabel Directive, EU Eco-design Regulation and the Effort Sharing Regulation.
- Experience with stakeholder consultation, impact assessment, cost benefit analysis, rapid evidence assessment and policy evaluation will be valued.
- Experience in handling energy labelling, eco-design, ecolabelling, capital tax incentives, carbon/energy taxation ad research incentives.
Skills and behaviours:
- Strong project delivery skills with track record in contributing towards large and/or complex projects.
- Experience leading projects or tasks within large projects is essential.
- Excellent written and spoken English essential; fluency in other European languages will be an advantage. Strong Spanish or French language skills proven in a consultancy environment will be considered a particular strength.
- Strong oral and written communication essential, including concise and precise report writing.
- Strong analytical skills essential.
- Good team worker.
- Strong level of commercial awareness and appreciation for project financial management principles would be an advantage.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.