Consultant - Climate Change Policy
- Role type
- Oxfordshire (Harwell), Manchester, London
- Closing Date
Role: Consultant-Climate Change Policy
Location: Uk Flexible
Salary range: £26'800-£30'350
Role ID: 2022-1520
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a world-class environmental, engineering and strategic consulting company listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading edge and innovative cross sector sustainable products and solutions, helping our global customers increase efficiencies, achieve growth and create a cleaner and safer future.
Our Energy and Environment business unit combines energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability.
We are currently looking for an Consultant in climate change policy to join our Energy and Carbon Regulation team.
Your work will involve task management, technical delivery and support to business development activities including competitive bidding,
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out research and analysis to support business development and proposal writing.
- Working within teams and sometimes autonomously in the delivery of those tasks.
- Leading the delivery of project tasks including specifying, monitoring and supporting the work of others.
- Manage your time across multiple projects, supporting the delivery through research, analysis and report-writing. This involves working within teams to achieve client satisfaction, timely delivery, and high quality technical outputs.
- Be part of a global policy expert team working alongside technology experts, economists, scientist and engineers.
- Your role will involve working with colleagues to prepare proposals and deliver projects
Key competencies and experience
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and Word. Knowledge of Python or other software desirable.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative, as well as capable of team working located in different offices.
- Strong interest in climate change policy and sustainability
- Strong oral and written communication essential, including concise and precise report writing.
- Fluency in English is essential, other EU languages are highly desirable.
- Educated to at least Bachelor’s degree level specializing in scientific, engineering, environmental, legal or economic fields.
- Experience managing project teams would be an advantage.
- Experience contributing to business development and/or competitive bid writing in a consultancy environment is desirable, but not essential.
- Previous experience working within projects for clients such as the UK Government, European Commission, World Bank, GIZ, EBRD, Asian Development Bank and UK Government would be desirable
- Experience analysing or studying prominent climate policy instruments will also be welcomed
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.