- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking a Technical Illustrator in our Logistics Department, to perform technical editing and revising of Military Technical Manuals (TMs). The Technical Illustrator will work with Military and Contractor personnel including technical writers, engineers, designers, and logisticians to perform maintenance task analysis and develop technical documentation to support fielding, operations, and maintenance of platform integrated systems. The ideal Tehnical Illustrator candidate is proactive, eager to learn, and can view problems analytically and act on them effectively. This position will include frequent travel to Texarkana, Texas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working as part of a team providing logistics support services in support of Technical Manual development including researching specs and drawings
- Ability to determine illustrations needed for publication and to develop rough sketches or photographic markups to assist the technical writer
- Excellent computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe Pro, XML editors (such as Arbor text Editor)
- Creating content, coding work packages
- Military writing and editing conventions, as well as graphic standards
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an applicable field of study
- A minimum of five years of U.S. Government or relevant military experience
- Interpret and convert information (e.g. engineering models, drawings, schematics, spreadsheets) into end-user military standard (MIL STD) documentation and reference materials such as Maintenance Allocation Charts (MAC), repair parts and special tools lists
- Excellent computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe Pro, Power Log J, COMPASS and XML editors
- Familiar with Military Documentation Standards; MIL-STD-40051, MIL-STD-2361C, and MIL-HDBK-1222F
- Able to obtain a Government Security Clearance
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.