IT Helpdesk Support
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Role Title: IT Helpdesk Support
Salary range: £28,000 - £35,000
Location: Primarily based out of our Harwell office, but will require paid for travel to our London offices regularly
Role ID: 2022-1508
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work. Start your career with Ricardo, a consultancy that respects, innovates, has integrity and passion for the environment. We empower, develop, and trust you to deliver your best work. We’ll provide a culture that will enable you to evolve, grow and succeed.
We have an exciting opportunity for a 1st/2nd line role and requires a candidate comfortable dealing with end users. The candidate will be responsible for installs, upgrades, Workstation/server fault finding, and application support across
all UK sites. The role will be primarily based out of our Harwell office, but will require paid for travel to our London offices regularly.
· Provide 1st/2nd line support on all systems
· Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically
· Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
· Research questions using available information resources
· Advise user on appropriate action
· Follow standard help desk procedures
· Log all help desk interactions
· Administer help desk software
· Redirect problems to appropriate resource
· Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
· Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
· Stay current with system information, changes and updates
Key competencies and experience:
· Good understanding of hardware architecture including, building, installing and maintaining software, memory, disks, drivers etc.
· Troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware problems. Experience of Dell hardware an advantage
· Active directory administrator knowledge
· Experience of Windows 10 - Troubleshooting, installations and configuration
· Office365 – Familiarity with configuring O365 including OneNote experience.
· Basic understanding of virtual machines in particular VMWare
· Understanding of TCP/IP, addressing and troubleshooting
· Administration of antivirus software
· Experience with disk imaging software
· Familiar with network patching
· Interested in technology developments
· Knowledge or experience of Microsoft Teams
· Any ITIL experience would be beneficial
Skills and behaviours:
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Communicate effectively at all levels including senior staff
· Keen attention to detail
· Strong focus on customer service
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a busy environment
· Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
What we offer
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Flexibility, Wellbeing and Work-life Balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that’s working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion Statement
Ricardo Energy & Environment is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and proactively with all our employees and ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident’ employer.
Our Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.