- Role type
Sterling Heights, MI
Ricardo Defense has a rewarding opportunity for a detail-oriented Production Operator in our Sterling Heights, MI facility. This Production Operator will be instrumental in supporting production demands by working within the assembly processes, workflows and station layouts.
This Production Operator will be required to perform a wide variety of tasks. This role will need to operate and excel in an environment with changing conditions and customer demands.
This position is Monday through Friday 6 Am to 2:30 PM with occasional overtime required. Starting hourly pay is $18 an hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble brake kits per work instructions
- Support and perform plant functions as needed; assembly, inventory control, receiving, shipping, QC and material handling
- Support lean manufacturing and 5S activities
- Work closely with supporting functions; Design, Materials, PM
- Identify and support resolution for problems with quality, processes, equipment, materials and labor to supervision
- Complete required documentation relating to business or regulatory requirements
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Must be able to obtain a US Secret Security Clearance if required
- Proficient with forklift operation is a plus but not required
- Experience reading manufacturing documents such as prints, work instructions and safety rules is a plus but not required
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work in a team- based environment
- Strong organizing, prioritizing, communication, written and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Customer focused, consistently placing client as top priority
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit https://defense.ricardo.com/
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.