Assistant Bid/Proposal Manager
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Power Planning & Solutions – Assistant Bid/Proposal Manager
Location: UK Flexible
Salary range: £25,000 - £30,000
Role ID: 2022-1480
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability.
Operating across the world, we use our engineering, economic and environmental skills to help our customers transform the way they work and operate.
This includes supporting energy systems in the UK and all over the world become more efficient and lower carbon and helping plan future renewable energy plants.
With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative and sustainable solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
- Support the development and production of high-quality proposals/bids
- Ensure proposals are professionally presented and content accurately reflects and meets the customer’s needs
- Liaise with managers, other team members, and contractors to collect inputs and decide on bid strategies
- Develop and maintain bidding resources such as templates and case studies
- Track timelines and support with progress monitoring and reporting across bids and other business development activities
- Update entries on Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
Our bidding activity covers competitive, single tenders, and unsolicited proposals. We have a broad range of clients, including multi-lateral lending agencies, governments, regulators, electricity companies, natural resources companies and private companies.
You will work and learn alongside Senior Bid Managers and technical experts, and we endeavour to support the development of your commercial, managerial, people management, and technical skills throughout your career with us. You will be supported throughout your professional development, to ensure you have the support and tools you need to deliver your role to a high quality, and to enable your development into the future.
Skills and behaviours
Attitude and mindset
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- High level of personal initiative
- Team player
- Strong business acumen, commercial and customer-driven mindset
- Individuals who are pro-active, creative, meticulous, rigorous, and who take pride in the quality of their work
Skills and experience:
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent writing, communication and team working skills
- Fluent in English
- Some experience with bid management or project management/planning although this role could fit someone starting their career in sales/bidding
- Academic background or prior professional experience in sales or business development
- An interest in the energy and power sector
- Experience with CRM systems
- Skills in designing attractive documents and materials
- Language skills in Spanish, French, or Portuguese
The Power Planning & Solutions team in Ricardo comprises a group of highly experienced professionals specialising in consultancy services for the energy sector, with particular emphasis on the power sector. We cover power generation and transmission planning, electricity tariff and affordability studies, renewable energy integration, regulation, policy, and smart grid innovation projects.
We are a committed team of like-minded professionals with a growing portfolio of energy technology, policy, and strategy projects.
The practice has undertaken assignments in nearly 100 countries, including both developed, emerging, and developing economies across 5 continents.
We see this role as a great opportunity to gain experience and develop a career in bid management
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees to ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.