Lead Energy Auditor
- Role type
- Flexible Hours, Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Role: Lead Energy Auditor
Location: Flexible UK
Salary Range: £35'000-£45'000
Role ID: 2022-1479
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a world-class environmental, engineering and strategic consulting company listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading edge and innovative cross sector sustainable products and solutions, helping our global customers increase efficiencies, achieve growth and create a cleaner and safer future.
Our Energy and Environment business unit combines energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability.
We are currently looking for a Lead Energy Auditor to join our Sustainability team.
Within a collaborative and supportive team of consultants, you will be responsible for helping to win and deliver projects (mainly with clients in the private sector) on energy and carbon management, and wider sustainability. Client liaison, project management and technical delivery will be required from initial client engagement through to provision of final reports. To assist our team, the successful candidate will:
- Be capable of taking over, managing and delivering existing energy and carbon management projects, as well as writing proposals for new work.
- Be the client lead for key projects, demonstrating experience of working face-to-face with clients and managing their expectations.
- Undertake a project management role, controlling budgets and timings, and allocating tasks to colleagues as required.
- Liaise with specialist sub-contractors and build relationships internally and externally.
- Input technical expertise to energy and carbon management bids and projects.
- Ensure appropriate profile raising and marketing of Ricardo’s services and capabilities.
Ricardo operates a parallel ‘team leader’ system for pastoral staff management, meaning that you will not initially have any direct line management responsibilities. However, if such line management is of interest to you, we can help you to demonstrate and develop that capability.
Key competencies and experience:
- Have practical career experience and be able to demonstrate relevant technical capability, effective project management and excellent communication skills.
- Have a higher education qualification (Bachelor’s Degree) in an environmental discipline, or otherwise to have a good track record working in an environmental role, so that you can demonstrate your knowledge.
- Have experience of working in the consultancy sector ideally, to demonstrate that you have the necessary commercial awareness, but we are also interested to talk to candidates currently performing environmental roles directly within industry.
- Demonstrate technical expertise across the following technical areas:
- Energy and carbon management planning and strategy
- Net Zero strategy development
- Carbon footprinting and verification
- Energy data analysis
- Energy auditing and identification of energy saving / decarbonisation measures
- Knowledge of technical areas such as energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainable transport, carbon sequestration and offsetting.
- Regulatory compliance - knowledge of both current and future environmental and energy related legislation.
- Have demonstrated experience of working face-to-face with clients and managing their expectations.
- Experience of identifying and developing business opportunities is desirable.
You will need to hold a Full UK Driving licence for this position.
Skills and behaviours:
You will demonstrate the following skills and behaviours:
- Analytical skills with ability to identify, develop and implement solutions.
- Excellent writing skills to communicate clearly and without errors – accuracy and attention to detail are vital.
- Strong client and stakeholder communication skills e.g. influencing, negotiation, presentation and relationship management skills.
- Project management skills that demonstrate ability to manage and account for time spent, and to deliver work on time and budget.
- Team working and ability to coordinate and prioritise activities to ensure delivery of agreed targets.
- Ability to work autonomously and pro-actively.
- High level of computer literacy, including familiarity with the full Microsoft Office software suite.
- A flexible approach – able to see where help is needed and support colleagues as necessary.
- Be comfortable juggling a variety of tasks in a sometimes fast-paced operational environment.
In our sustainability team we really enjoy the great work we do, so we will be looking for someone with a similar attitude – enthusiastic, committed, responsible, open and reliable.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees to ensure a inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.