Vehicle Systems Engineer
- Role type
Van Buren, MI
Performs a variety of engineering tasks by applying engineering theory and principles in a particular engineering discipline. As grade increases, assignments become increasingly more difficult, projects increase in size and complexity, and incumbent is expected to successfully perform the job with greater autonomy.
- Manages program management responsibilities including interaction with customers, proposal writing, project planning including timing and budgetary requirements
- Plans the technical aspects of assigned projects, beginning with understanding the client’s desired outcome, determining objectives, creating innovative approaches, and developing strategy to meet client needs
- Prepares and/or coordinates analytical design calculations, analytical techniques, simulations and testing; evaluates results, and analyzes and interprets data obtained
- Conducts and/or supervises experimental investigations, including recording, plotting and analyzing results
- Liaises with project team members of various departments, internal management, and directly with clients; may monitor work of more junior engineers against accepted engineering practices
- Prepares project proposals and reports, including development of cost and timing estimates, scoping strategies, technical specifications and updates to project
- Presents results and recommendations to customers
- Understands and works within financial budget guidelines, project financial targets, time schedules and other metrics; communicates issues to management as they arise and assists in developing responses to those issues
- Reviews product designs for regulatory compliance and safety, adherence to company standards, and client contract requirements
- Manages vendors, including software, component and system suppliers and outsourced services, in order to meet technical specifications as well as project budget, scope, and timing.
- Delivers superior levels of customer service to both internal and external customers while demonstrating Ricardo’s core values of respect, integrity, creativity and innovation, and passion
- Recognized expertise, works closely with the team lead. Provides guidance and support to others.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum 5-6 years of related experience
- Proficient in use of engineering design software (such as CATIA, CV, AutoCAD, or Pro E) as well as data acquisition software
- Knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and criteria relating to engineering standards
- Strong but customer-aware negotiation skills; ability to influence
- Strong problem solving, analytical and listening skills
- Ability to perform algebraic and trigonometric computations applied to engineering
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic and matrixed organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task
- Excellent presentation skills and communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, height, weight, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, arrest record (MI only), parental status (IL only), military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.