- Role type
Due to continued growth we are now looking to strengthen our CCS capability and to lead the growth of this business area and support the delivery of existing and new projects. The role we are seeking to fill is that of a Signaling / CCS Consultant to support our business.
Ricardo Rail is a Notified Body for the European Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSIs), an Assessment Body for the European Common Safety Method (CSM-RA) and an Independent Safety Assessor (ISA) for signaling systems
You will work on the delivery of projects providing expert advice on signaling systems and safety engineering services to the project deliverables and directly to the client as required.
You will be assessing the design of signaling & train control systems to confirm compliance with the relevant standards in the destination countries. You will also be involved in developing market opportunities and preparing winning proposals.
- Provide expertise and advice to Ricardo Certification, Ricardo Rail and external clients on good engineering practice, potential solutions, railway standards and EU Legislation.
- Expertise on at least one train control technology: Communication Based Train Control (CBTC), European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS / ETCS), Positive Train Control (PTC);
- Proficient in signaling principles such as Automatic Train Control and Automatic Train Operation under various Grades of Automation: ATC, ATO, DTO, UTO;
- Familiar with the interfaces between train control systems and rolling stock subsystems: braking systems, doors, propulsion systems, TCMS, onboard communications;
- Specialist in RAMS, HAZID, HAZOP, FTA, FMECA, system assurance, and safety case development under the Common Safety Method (CSM) on, CENELEC EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129, 49 CFR Part 236;
- Application of applicable standards (including railway standards, Spain and EU Rail Regulations including the CCS TSI).
- Any Mass Transit / Metro Signaling Experience is welcome CBTC, ATO, ATP, CTC etc.
- Risk Evaluation and Assessment, IEC 62278, IEC 62279, IEC 62425
- Previous experience in the services industry as a consultant, auditor or assessor
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, in the English language written and spoken and in Spanish as well
- Well regarded in the railway industry, with an established network within signaling system suppliers, rolling stock manufacturers, national safety agencies, railway operators
Ricardo is a global strategic, technical and environmental consultancy and specialist niche manufacturer of high-performance products. We also provide independent assurance services in the rail sector. With a century of delivering excellence and innovation, we employ over 2,500 professional engineers, consultants and scientists world-wide.
Our activities cover a range of market sectors including passenger car, commercial vehicle, rail, defence, motorsport, motorcycle, off-highway, marine, clean energy and power generation.
Our client list includes the world’s major transportation equipment manufacturers, supply chain organisations, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Ricardo Rail provides services, including NoBo, DeBo, AsBo and ISA, across signaling, infrastructure and rolling stock to a client including infrastructure managers, train manufactures, equipment manufacturers and maintainers.
Our shared goal is to be the natural choice provider of expert advice and independent assurance services to the global rail industry. Care, integrity and excellence will always drive our long-term relationships with clients and colleagues.
Ricardo strives to be a diverse and inclusive place where we can ALL be ourselves. We offer family friendly, flexible working arrangements, with forums and inclusive facilities to support our staff. Ricardo is committed to ensuring there is no discrimination against any job applicant on the grounds of race, colour, nationality or national or ethnic origin, gender or marital status, disability, gender change status or sexual orientation, religion or philosophical belief, political belief, trade union activity or age.