- Role type
Van Buren, MI
Supports the sourcing, purchasing, planning and scheduling of raw materials, packaging materials, parts, components, services, supplies, finished goods and related material.
- Supports procurement processes like requisitioning, receiving, and invoicing
- Searches inventory records or warehouse to determine if material on hand is sufficient
- Consults suppliers, catalogs, and internet to obtain prices and specifications
- Prepares purchase order and sends to supplier and department originating request; tracks supplier deliveries
- Develops and delivers purchasing and inventory reports, bid proposals, RFQ’s, requirements documentation, and tender documents
- Verifies bills from suppliers with bids and purchase orders, and approves bills for payment
- Maintains records of purchases, delivery dates, vendors, costs and other resources
- Advises and assist other Ricardo employees in purchasing procedures and in coordinating the scheduling and movement of materials and services.
- Complies with procurement policies and standard operating procedures
- Delivers superior levels of customer service to both internal and external customers while demonstrating Ricardo’s core values of respect, integrity, creativity and innovation, and passion
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors or other 4-year Degree required
- 1-2 years' of experience in purchasing/procurement
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
- Strong problem solving, analytical and listening skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic and matrixed organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, height, weight, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, arrest record (MI only), parental status (IL only), military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.