Quality, Health & Safety, Environment Advisor
- Role type
Van Buren, MI
Working closely with other departments and other sites, the QHSE Advisor is empowered to engage with relevant stakeholders to ensure that full and sufficient risk assessments are conducted and are followed up with adequate actions.
Using knowledge of applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, the QHSE Advisor is tasked with providing compliance advice and guidance to sites and project teams. The QHSE Advisor assists the local QHSE Manager by providing expert advice, timely feedback on incidents and corrective actions, as well as regular updates on the performance of the Quality, Environmental & Safety Management System (QHSE).
· Acts as a key coordinator and integrator will facilitate proactive reporting and continual improvement, aligned with compliance requirements.
· Provide support for continued compliance to QHSE related policies and risk management and the certification of the Ricardo QHSE to meet the requirements of ISO 14001 & ISO45001 and ISO 9001
· Provide advice and assistance to develop and maintain elements of Integrated Management System including internal audits, corrective action monitoring and encouraging risk management and preventive action.
· HSE applicable regulatory and standards requirements are maintained, completing relevant compliance reviews
· Undertake internal audits to the A&I schedule, audit, review and report.
· Identify gaps in the management system and make recommendations for improvements.
· Guide and assist risk profiling and risk assessment process with the aim to produce suitable and sufficient risk assessment as required
· Provide support to the Global A&I Business unit during certification body (LRQA) assessments
· Ensure that the HSE risk register and other registers are complete, reviewed and maintained in line with the Group Risk Management processes
· Coordinate (and lead where the significance requires) the investigation and escalation of all incidents reported. Using the Ricardo Reporting tool for all incidents, hazardous occurrences, fire events and injuries.
· Support the QHSE Manager by feeding QHSE information into the monthly Operations & Quality report
· Identify Risks and Opportunities within local area that includes positive and negative results, implement necessary changes.
· Support QHSE Manager in preparation for external audits
· Identify local QHSE training needs – using and promoting the e-compliance tools,
· Identify areas in support of the Net Zero strategy to reduce the CO2 footprint where possible.
· Work independently, yet engage when required, supporting the Global QHSE function.
· Inducting New starters to the relevant QHSE local information.
· Any other QHSE related duties as directed by the QHSE Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Health & Safety and Environment certificate
· 5-10 years’ experience as a Quality Health & Safety Environment advisor in an engineering environment
· Prepared to advocate, specify and implement new tools and methods
· Excellent facilitator, process improver and change agent
· Trainer, problem solver also able to police systems and encourage compliance
· Able to manage and prioritize multiple demands
· Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task
· Excellent presentation skills and communication skills; ability to condense complex issues into succinct messages
· Strong problem solving, analytical and listening skills
· Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic and matrixed organization
· AS9100 knowledge preferred
· 5-10 years’ experience of Integrated Systems implementation and ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001 is an advantage.
· Internal auditor trained