Software Developer II
- Role type
Ricardo Defense's software department is growing. We are seeking experienced Software Developers to enhance our existing products by developing new features while maintaining impeccable quality though code reviews and test performed in a continuous integration pipeline. These Software Developers will work to modernize and add features to our software applications supporting our Joint Services and Army customer.
These positions can be remote however, applicants must live within an hour from one of our offices: Troy, MI, Goleta, CA, California, MD or Huntsville, AL. Employees will be expected to come into the office on an as needed basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop high-value software design using a model-based software engineering approach
- Develop high-value software products derived from system engineering specifications and architecture design
- Develop products with emphasis on minimizing future software sustainment needs
- Experience with Vue.js, React and Redux, and/or the Electron Framework preferred
- Database skills such as SQL queries, Entity Framework, data analytics (ETL processes) preferred
- Experience with .NET Web API, Spring API’s, and/or Xamarin is a bonus
- Ability to interface directly with customers
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Bitbucket and JIRA preferred
- Enthusiastic team player who facilitates team success
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an applicable field of study
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card and Government Secret Security Clearance
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.