Field Service Representative
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking an experienced Field Service Representative (FSR) to support Vehicle modifications and upgrade programs for the United States Army. The successful candidate will serve as a technical subject matter expert (SME), within our field service and support team. The Field Service Representative will support and manage component hardware installations, maintenance procedures, troubleshooting, software downloads and post install functional validation for newly upgraded vehicle modifications.
This position will require consistent travel to multiple U.S. Army sites throughout CONUS locations.
The starting salary for this position is $75,000 per year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and perform light tactical vehicle Mod installation upgrades for light combat vehicles
- Provide on-site on technical expertise as a representative for Ricardo Defense, while rapidly addressing and bringing complete resolution to all installation and component challenges that arise within the field
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical failures using diagnostic tools, technical manuals, work instructions, work orders, and experience
- Provide technical guidance on operational or maintenance aspects of equipment, and recommendation to the customer for most cost-effective repair or resolution
- Serve as liaison between customer field operations and manufacturing, engineering, and quality for component issues and or other product concerns
- Perform all aspects of product field support to include: services, mechanical/ electrical repairs, training, component installation and validation for newly modified vehicles
- Travel will be required approximately 80% of the time or more (costs will be covered/reimbursed by company)
- Experience in inspection, repair, and general maintenance on combat vehicles
- MOS 91B or equivalent “Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic” experience is highly desired
- Proficient in the use of hand tools for diesel equipment, various diagnostic tools and able to read schematics proficiently
- Ability to use power tools, lifting devices, carrying or support equipment, including slings and chains
- Capable of working in all climates, and environments, confined spaces and ability to carry 40lbs unassisted
- Ability to effectively communicate using correct technical terminology and interact with internal & external customers
- Certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) or equivalent organization is highly desirable
- 10 years of combat vehicle maintenance experience is preferred in leu of Heavy Equipment Maintenance certifications
- Proficient in all MS Office programs
- Must have the capability to perform in depth technical writing and maintain parts catalogs, service reports, and field reports
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Able to obtain a U.S. government secret clearance
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ricardo Inc. established as a separate limited liability company in 2015 and structured under a Defense Security Service ‘Special Security Agreement’. Ricardo Defense provides engineering, technology, product innovation, sustainment, and field support services for our customers in the defense industry. We are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation. We are guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion. Ricardo, Inc. is the US subsidiary of Ricardo plc. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.