Senior or Principal Consultant - CCUS
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Senior or Principal Consultant CCUS
Salary range: £35,200 -£66,000
Role ID: 2022-1431
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We are currently looking for an Senior or Principal Consultant to join our CCUS team.
The Sustainable Infrastructure & Operations Business Unit (BUs)
The BU’s focus is the decarbonisation of energy and heat supporting the netzero and low carbon agendas. SI&O is made up of ~220 people covering a range of disciplines at the ‘implementation’ end of the client value chain. Within the Sustainable Infrastructure and Operations business unit, we have a dedicated Heat Decarbonisation team, comprising a 30-strong team of engineers, consultants and project managers. This team is at the forefront of delivering heat decarbonisation solutions in the UK and internationally, from working with governments to develop policy, to implementation of low carbon heat solutions in the public and private sectors. As the demand for our services grow, we are seeking excellent consultants to add value to our team.
Over the past decade, we have supported both the public and private sectors on a wide range of CCUS topics. Our comprehensive understanding of the power generation and CO2 capture and industrial utilisation technologies as well as knowledge of the policy and regulatory landscape worldwide means that demand for our services is growing, and we are looking to further expand our team in this area.
- We are seeking a Senior or Principal Consultant to work within our CCUS team on a wide range of projects including:
- Assessment of new innovative CO2 capture technologies.
- Concept development, feasibility studies and FEED studies.
- Whole system analysis and comparison of technologies covering gas, coal and biomass fuels in a wide range of sectors including power generation, chemicals, gas processing, refineries, iron & steel and cement.
- Life cycle emission analysis of energy systems with CCUS.
- Evaluation of policy mechanisms and review of worldwide regulatory regimes for supporting CCUS.
- Development of innovative concepts for monitoring CCUS networks.
- Economic impact assessment of CCUS projects and assessment of value added to the UK from clean abatement technologies with CCUS.
- Assessment and due diligence of CO2 removal technologies in the anaerobic digestion (AD) sector for biogas upgrading.
- Evaluation of the CCS Directive on geological storage of CO2.
Key competencies and experience
- An understanding of CCUS/BECCS technologies, costs, economic impacts, environmental and life cycle assessment, and potential business models.
- An understanding of the policies and market development issues relating to CCUS.
- An understanding of how the use of biomass for energy fits into the wider bio-economy, including sustainability issues and carbon emissions.
- A relevant scientific or engineering background.
- Excellent core consultancy skills – bid writing, project management, and project delivery.
- Professional, diligent, and strong attention to detail.
- Experienced in the preparation of proposals and, ideally an effective networker and business developer.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Proven consultancy skills, or applicable skills from industry.
- Experience in client management and business development.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.