Talent Development Manager
- Role type
- Flexible Hours, Full time, Permanent
- London, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
Role Title: Talent Development Manager
Salary Range: £54,440 - £60,000 + £3,000 flexible benefits + bonus
Location: Flexible – London, Harwell (Oxfordshire), Hybrid
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental, and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, our teams work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award-winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities, and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
We take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, menopause policy and mental health first aiders, and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
We operate in a highly competitive growth market so your ability to manage ever increase demands on Learning and Development will be key. Our effective talent strategies are vital to ensuring we continue to be an employer of choice and operate innovative policies that support the success and wellbeing of nearly 800 employees in the UK, Europe, and beyond.
Our aims include
· Driving and instilling behavioural change across the business, maximising engagement, improving performance, and increasing profitability.
· Supporting a culture of continuous learning and performance through the effective operationalisation of performance and development activities.
· Providing clear career pathways and development opportunities for our talented employees. Giving them the opportunity to rapidly develop skills and qualifications that will accelerate them through our career structure.
· The development of an ‘academy of learning’ which gives colleagues at all levels the opportunity to access top quality training and development, with a focus on their career aspirations and business goals.
· Playing people to their strengths ensuring greater engagement, productivity and commitment.
Operating within an increasingly competitive talent market and in a rapidly growing global business, this role marries the strategic and the operational. Working with HR Director and business colleagues, you’ll set a clear strategy for the function; leading on the creation and delivery of a cohesive suite of programmes that accelerates learning and succession.
You will be building on a solid foundation of L&D activity which now needs an experienced and dedicated manager at its helm. Working across company networks, you’ll identify knowledge gaps and opportunities to increase our competitive advantage through the addition of new learning pathways. Ensuring that our teams remain motivated and fulfilled at work, no matter what role they do or their level of seniority.
More broadly, you will be responsible for promoting forward-thinking plans and actions on capability, learning, succession, and talent interventions to enable business performance and growth. Ensuring that talent development plans for the business promote improvements in the diversity, depth, and breadth of our succession pipelines.
· Business partner to senior stakeholders - providing consultancy and diagnosis of training needs and working with senior HR and HRBP colleagues to deliver effective solutions
· Act as a development expert; delivering specific pieces of work globally within a supported framework of development and experiential learning; incorporating coaching and mentoring in both 1:1 and facilitated group settings
· Create and implement an ‘academy of learning’ which encompasses all levels from university students through to the Senior team: providing accelerated pathways for employees within the business
· Lead on our ‘Development Road map’, overseeing the programme of developmental and experiential learning, succession planning and support towards promotion; monitoring and reporting on outputs.
· Develop and deliver a calendar of learning and development opportunities, which aligns with business needs, our DEI agenda and which are accessible to employees globally
· Partner with internal and external stakeholders, monitoring agreed SLAs and quality of outputs in a broad range of accessible media e.g. develop of technical expertise programmes in new business arenas
· Working with the Operations Director you will contribute towards the business as a whole in identifying process improvements, improvements in policies and procedures and innovative changes that improve the employee experience
· Work with the wider Ricardo plc to share best practice from one area of the business to another to optimise consistency, business performance, employee engagement and inclusion.
· Work in partnership with the HRD, HR Manager, HRBPs and Talent teams to understand business priorities, focus support where needed, manage resources and overcome operational challenges. Seeking the best solutions to provide a high-quality HR service.
· Taking a strategic lead on HR projects as agreed
· Identifying and implementing continuous improvement programmes, routinely engaging with the wider internal and external HR communities to share knowledge and support Group-wide HR projects and activity
· Holder of a recognised relevant qualification and experienced coach to senior level employees.
· Proven experience of operating in a complex learning and development role ideally within a Professional Services environment.
· Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with others, including Senior Managers, Directors and the wider HR team.
· Capable of managing a portfolio of projects in parallel to move us forward on multiple agendas
· Experienced in the design and delivery of learning and development interventions across a wide range of learning media; in-person, written and online.
· Business partner approach to identifying organisational training needs and providing strategic guidance to the business.
· Committed to continuous professional development including the willingness to undertake MBTI Step II qualification, if not held already
· Pragmatic approach – clear focus on the necessity for any training to fit with the challenges of a fee-earning environment
· Organised starter finisher, with a drive to work autonomously to deliver against set goals.
· A high performing communicator, with proven team working and influencing skills.
Given the international nature of our business, a second language would be desirable
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.