- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Role: Facilities Manager
Location: Harwell (Oxfordshire)
Salary: £36-40,000 + benefits
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
You will be responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of the organization, as well as ensuring that the buildings, plant, vehicles, machinery and equipment are properly maintained as per regulations and good practice. Principally in relation to the Gemini Building and Ludbridge Mill sites in Harwell and nearby East Hendred, our London and Bristol offices, but in addition providing ad-hoc support, requiring attendance at our other offices around the UK.
You will be responsible for:
· Managing contracted services such as cleaning, waste disposal, security, heating/cooling and other services
· Carrying out regular building inspections to identify any areas that need repairing or maintenance; carrying out repairs where appropriate or arranging contracted services and making recommendations for improvements as appropriate
· Dealing with suppliers and raising purchase orders for consumables etc
· Organising the security and general administrative services of the building.
· Conducting regular facility audits for safety and compliance.
· Developing maintenance plans.
· Working with Finance to manage maintenance and facilities spend in line with budgeted levels.
· Organising courier collections and deliveries for multiple sites.
· On call for security and facility related issues, including deciding on the need for seasonal salt spreading.
· Working and developing good relationships with third party Building Managers eg London. Bristol.
· Allocating and managing space within buildings.
· Providing input on energy efficiency issues.
· Collating and monitoring energy, water and waste for all Ricardo Energy & Environment offices
· Ensuring that the building meets the strictest health and safety requirements.
· Ensuring that the approximately 10 company vehicles are taxed, MOT’d and serviced as and when required.
· Managing the work of contractors and checking that it is done to the highest standards
· Regular (weekly or fortnightly) visit to London office to provide maintenance support and repairs; occasional visits to Bristol office and other UK sites for similar.
Key competencies and experience:
- Previous experience of Facilities Management operations
- Understanding of compliance issues and statutory regulations, such as Health & Safety
- Competent IT skills - MS Office and systems management software (eg online courier portal)
- Physically fit, to carry out inspection and maintenance tasks, sometimes involving moving heavy or bulky loads.
- Able to competently carry out a range of building maintenance activities and minor ‘odd jobs’
Skills and behaviours:
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Self-motivated, with the ability to lead and motivate others
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Safety conscious
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Procurement skills and the ability to negotiate the best deals with contractors & suppliers
- A flexible and innovative approach to work
- Able to converse with client, customers, staff and suppliers at all levels.
- Confident, with a determination to succeed.
- Full clean driving licence is required.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking. Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.