Technical Lead Airports - Principal Consultant/Associate Director
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Principal Consultant - Technical Lead Airports
Location: Flexible – Harwell, London, Glasgow, Manchester, Bristol
Role ID: 1421
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Energy & Environment, one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units, is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
We are currently looking for a Principal Consultant - Technical Lead Airports to join our Sustainability, Infrastructure and Operations team.
- You will be responsible for supporting the development of our airport sector offerings, leveraging the experience and expertise of Ricardo Energy & Environment.
- To be our client facing contact across multiple projects and organisations, engaging with our airport clients across all our projects, supporting the delivery of sustainability and energy projects and cross selling our services based on a unique understanding of our clients’ challenges and the value they place on our support.
- Leading and delivering technical projects with multi-disciplinary components for campus projects, preferably airports.
- Taking ownership of client relationships, being a primary point of contact at a senior level.
- Identify new consultancy opportunities developing new services for current clients and working across internal teams to expand the offer of current services to new clients in the airports sector.
- Working collaboratively with industry partners to develop new offers to the market.
- Understanding the impacts of evolving changes in the UK energy and carbon market and reacting to market needs.
- Working with a delivery team to ensure continued delivery of best-in-class service.
- Working with a wider business development team to support new opportunities across different. business areas and different international markets.
Key competencies and experience
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of technical delivery across campus projects, preferably private sector such as airports, shopping centres or ports.
- Relevant experience in renewable energy systems infrastructure relating to technical advisory, engineering and project management consultancy.
- Practical experience of implementing low carbon energy systems projects, delivering new assets for private and public sector clients.
- The ability to understand and explain our services to key decision makers and stakeholders, and develop compelling solutions tailored to their needs.
- Technical leadership across at least two of the following disciplines, with an aptitude to become conversant in the others: power generation, heat generation, sustainable transport, water and wastewater management, air quality or carbon management.
- Establish and maintain existing relationships at senior levels within the target customer base.
- Establish internal relationships with consultants across Ricardo.
- Work closely with the Business Areas to ensure clear communication of customer requirements and match this to implementation capacity.
- Contribute to identifying new offerings and market requirements that the business can develop and sell to existing or new customers through established or new channels.
- Maintain the Ricardo premium brand and strong track record of delivering customer excellence.
- Identifying and communicating intelligence on market requirements and opportunities.
- Creating profitable customer solutions.
- Proactive management of sales funnel and activity.
Skills and behaviours
- Proven experience/ability in new business development/generation.
- Professional business manner and working practice, able to set an example for colleagues.
- Capability and willingness to be self-sufficient in prospect generation, with support from the wider team, including marketing to supplement their own activity.
- Positive engagement with customers, partners and colleagues in pursuit of successful sales outcomes.
- High levels of drive and commitment; a self-starter, problem solver with the ability to turn ideas into reality.
- Ability to network successfully within the organisation, to make connections with key resources and experts across the business to achieve their business development objectives.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.