Account Manager - Airports
- Role type
- Closing Date
Job Title: Account Manager, Airports
Location: Harwell / London / Manchester/ Bristol / Glasgow /Flexible
Salary Range: £45,000 - £70,000 plus benefits
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a global sustainability consultancy, core to Ricardo Group’s vision of creating a world fit for the future. Our mission is to solve the world’s most pressing energy and environmental challenges. To achieve this, we combine world-leading energy, climate change and environmental expertise with powerful power systems engineering, IT, knowledge management and economics capabilities.
Our business consists of a team of over 700 consultancy staff and we work globally for local and national governments, international agencies, infrastructure operators, regulators and commercial organisations as a leading provider of analysis, advice and sustainable solutions. We also have a track record in leading and delivering major multi-partner transnational programmes.
The Sustainable Infrastructure & Operations Business Unit (BUs)
The BUs focus is the decarbonisation of heat, power and transport energy as well as wider scope 3 emissions supporting the net zero and low carbon agendas. SI&O is made up of ~220 people covering a range of disciplines at the ‘implementation’ end of the client value chain. In the last year we have delivered high profile and important pieces of work including 2 net zero sector strategies and critical work to define net zero options across the private sector and the public sector, including numerous of our key airport clients. Our breadth of work includes; net zero strategies, life cycle assessment, circular economy advice, sustainable procurement, low carbon technology and techno-economic studies, technical auditing, regulatory development, smart grid solutions, carbon management, developing and optimising local energy systems and renewable feasibilities. We are also highly active in hydrogen and CCUS agendas.
We are looking for an airports account manager to be our client facing contact across multiple projects and organisations. You will engage with our airport clients across all our projects, up and cross selling our services based on a unique understanding of our clients’ challenges and the value they place on our support
We are seeking an Account Manager with proven experience in:
- Finding and winning consultancy opportunities developing new services for current clients and expanding the offer of current services to new clients in the airports sector
- Delivering year on year improvements in revenue in a consultancy
- Working collaboratively with industry partners to develop new offers to the market
- Understanding the impacts of evolving changes in the UK energy and carbon market, and reacting to market needs
- Working with a delivery team to ensure continued delivery of best-in-class service
- Working with a wider business development team to support new opportunities across different business areas and different international markets
You will be responsible for supporting the development of our Airport sector offerings. Leveraging the experience and expertise of Ricardo Energy & Environment.
You will lead and be involved in networking, developing leads and winning new business with airport customers. The role will involve creating and supporting campaigns and marketing initiatives, developing propositions and tailoring these for specific clients. As well as identifying requirements for new services within the market, the individual will be responsible for their own direct sales to new and existing customers, identifying opportunities writing proposals and developing senior level customer relations with an environmental and energy focus.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional and consultative business development individual looking to enhance their skills further within an innovative and fast paced environmental consultancy business and make a significant impact on global net zero goals.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of identifying and converting market opportunities in the airports sector to profitable sales of consulting services. The candidate will have the ability to understand and explain our services to key decision makers and stakeholders, and develop compelling solutions tailored to their needs.
- Design and implement a sales plan
- Establish and maintain existing relationships at senior levels within the target customer base.
- Establish internal relationships with consultants across Ricardo.
- Work closely with the Business Areas to ensure clear communication of customer requirements and match this to implementation capacity.
- Contribute to identifying new offerings and market requirements that the business can develop and sell to existing or new customers through established or new channels.
- Maintain the Ricardo premium brand and strong track record of delivering customer excellence.
- Identifying and communicating intelligence on market requirements and opportunities.
- Creating profitable customer solutions.
- Proactive management of sales funnel and activity.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional and consultative business development individual looking to enhance their skills further within a rewarding and fast paced environmental consultancy business to make a lasting change to the UKs carbon emissions.
Key competencies and experience
Candidates will have a technical or account management background with over 8 years’ relevant experience covering some or all of these areas:
- A detailed knowledge of the airports sector and understanding of the UK energy & environment sector.
- Relevant experience in renewable energy systems infrastructure relating to technical advisory, engineering and project management consultancy.
- Practical experience of implementing low carbon energy systems projects, delivering new assets for private and public sector clients.
- Proven experience/ability in new business development/generation.
- The ability to demonstrate strong pipeline management with strong commercial acumen in order to generate and close business.
- Professional business manner and working practice, able to set an example for colleagues.
- Capability and willingness to be self-sufficient in prospect generation, with support from the wider team, including marketing to supplement their own activity.
- Positive engagement with customers, partners and colleagues in pursuit of successful sales outcomes.
- High levels of drive and commitment; a self-starter, problem solver with the ability to turn ideas into reality.
- Ability to network successfully within the organisation, to make connections with key resources and experts across the business to achieve their business development objectives.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field.
We would consider applicants for this post on a full time or part time basis, with the option of periodic homeworking. The role will demand both UK and international travel.
Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
We are always keen to hear from people who have drive, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking. Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusive approach as explained here.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.