Sales Support and Office Administrator - Spain
- Role type
- Closing Date
Sales Support and Office Administrator
Ricardo Energy & Environment (REE) is a leading sustainability consultancy with headquarters in the UK combining energy, climate change, environmental, planning and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work. A recent addition to the Ricardo group of companies is Ricardo Consulting SL, an entity registered in Madrid, which will play an important role in delivering consultancy work in the EU, worldwide and locally in Spain.
The Sales Support and Office Administrator will report to a Team Leader in the REE bidding team. The primary function of the role is to provide sales support for bidding operations in Spain and Latin America, including screening bidding opportunities to check for eligibility and coordinating bid submissions. A secondary function will be providing general office management support to the REE team in Madrid and assisting with the day-to-day business operations.
The role is expected to grow and develop, and you must be willing to be flexible and receptive to taking on new tasks and challenges as they arise. In return, you will benefit from professional development support and work in a supportive team environment.
You will provide sales support and office administration duties for Ricardo Consulting SL in Madrid, assist with bid preparation and submission, financial and HR procedures, work closely with the Ricardo teams in the UK, as well as external advisors and suppliers, and offer support on Public Procurement (PP) administration.
In this role you will:
- Communicate effectively and professionally in English and Spanish. Daily and effective interfacing with REE and Ricardo Group, being the point of contact between the Spanish office and other Ricardo offices
- Provide bidding/tender/ admin support to the Technical Team for opportunities, including, gathering information, submitting bids in line with customer requirements, helping to prepare/format documents, such as compliance materials and ensuring project administration and Quality Assurance (QA) documents are up to date and readily accessible
- Develop an understanding of Spanish and international PP and be prepared to challenge bidding decisions in line with commercial priorities
- Manage a tender tracking system, manage tender clarifications, and support the timely receipt and submission of tenders using client portals
- Support the day-to-day business operations:
- Support the preparation of monthly payroll. Providing the requested information to the external advisors that manage staff payroll, tax, expenses, employee benefits, flexible working, annual leave and sickness requests, collective agreements and social insurance. Monitor and generate monthly payroll documents and respond to queries
- Assist with financial tasks such as liaising with the bank for bid and performance bonds, pay in bank cheques and send notifications to the UK, raise invoices and issue purchase orders, check with project managers for billing requests, and liaise with customers and suppliers to ensure prompt payment
- General office support for the local employees such as car hire, travel arrangements and hotel bookings, and be able to use your judgement to resolve miscellaneous issues
- Manage a purchase card for the office to pay for ad hoc equipment as required, such as stationery and IT equipment
In addition, you may:
- Develop an understanding of project accounting and Microsoft Dynamics Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Maintain Intranet information relating to the Spanish office using SharePoint
Key competencies and experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A professional bilingual-excellent level of oral and written communication in Spanish and English
- Experience in coordinating high quality and compliant bid/tender responses
- Experience of Spanish Public Procurement, tender regulations, and project administration, ideally from working in a consultancy environment on large complex projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and an aptitude to learn new systems such as SharePoint
- A basic understanding of financial accounting systems, such as Agresso
- An understanding of data protection (GDPR) regulations
- Some experience of financial administration, raising purchase orders, credit and cost control procedures
- Some knowledge of local employment law, national insurance, collective agreements, and HR systems and administration (desirable but not essential)
Skills and behaviours
The successful candidate will:
- Be self-motivated and able to work autonomously under pressure with minimal supervision
- Be a team player who enjoys working collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders inside and outside the organisation in English and Spanish
- Be flexible and willing to take on a wide range of tasks, supporting colleagues, resolving issues and facilitating solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Have exceptional organisational skills with excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Develop sufficient knowledge of the administrative and operational processes to be able to propose changes and improvements
- Be willing to learn and develop new tasks
- Embrace Ricardo’s values of Passion, Innovation, Integrity and Respect and aim to lead others towards high standards of behaviour and performance
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer flexible working and an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.